testtest

Rock Island Armory A1

Because of my old eyes , I also have to paint any standard front sight on my handguns. I noticed you use white. Have you ever tried a different color? I have found Orange works best for me. I use day glow orange fingernail polish on mine.

By the way , that's purty good shootin' bygolly.

oh mannnnn........that's frigging funny right there.

Because of my old eyes , I also have to paint any standard front sight on my handguns. I noticed you use white. Have you ever tried a different color? I have found Orange works best for me. I use day glow orange fingernail polish on mine.

By the way , that's purty good shootin' bygolly.
actually, i used white nail polish. i had bought a bottle last year to "color in" the name, model of a couple of my guns. job came out really well.

as for different colors? no, i only went with white, and for me, i can "spot it" easier.

at either the public range, or the club, the lighting is really not that great at the ports...even with my fiber optic front sights?

they just do not pick up the light to make any difference in spotting that front sight.

my first victim, my CZ 75 B...the "CZ&E" in CZECH..??......were not engraved deep enough

1659642258887.png

forgot to mention, those Night Hawk Custom 1911 8 rd mags that i bought, work flawlessly, and load real easy too with the "uplula" . the factory mag in fact, was a PITA to load, (until it gets worked in more i'd imagine).

good pricing too (at my LGS) for $29.99 each.

anyone have a RIA .22 lr..???

a guy at the range has one, and loves it. but says to field strip it, is a gigantic PITA....

anyone else here..????
I don't have a .22 LR, but I have an XT22 in .22 Magnum. I believe the XT22 was released in .22 LR for several years. The takedown is definitely different than a traditional 1911, but it isn't too bad once you do it a few times.

The XT models are best described as a mix of 75% 1911 and 25% Beretta 92. The open-slide design and the unique guide-rod assembly can make takedown a bit tricky. There are a couple of good Youtube videos that guide owners through the process. I don't personally mind the takedown process, but if it was a great system there would probably be other companies using similar designs.

I don't have a .22 LR, but I have an XT22 in .22 Magnum. I believe the XT22 was released in .22 LR for several years. The takedown is definitely different than a traditional 1911, but it isn't too bad once you do it a few times.

The XT models are best described as a mix of 75% 1911 and 25% Beretta 92. The open-slide design and the unique guide-rod assembly can make takedown a bit tricky. There are a couple of good Youtube videos that guide owners through the process. I don't personally mind the takedown process, but if it was a great system there would probably be other companies using similar designs.
yes, i saw at least 2 youtube videos, which frightened me...not because of that tiny pin that can pop out, nor the guide rod being a PITS...

no, that scared the ever living hell outta me, was the 2 different nitwits that did the videos...you'd think that they'd practice a few more tomes, before making a video about "how to do a field strip"

i do happen to have a few specialized tools already in my arsenal of home owners gun smithing tools, that i should be able to do a much better job my 1st time, than those 2 Bozo's did.

i took apart my Korth mongoose revolver's wheel, (and there are NO instructions on how to do this) and let me tell you, about tiny pieces.......

1) did i sweat the details...??

2) was i nervous...???

3) did i lose any of those tiny pieces..??

no to all 3 and you wanna know why...???

cuz the very first time, i field stripped a 1911, and the spring cap went flying into the air...??

i saw it, and kept my eyes on it, and saw where it landed, along with the guide rod spring.......

so i keep my eyes OPEN to low and high flying objects, many of which, are not UFO's.

but rather...HOLEE.....SH**'s............

yes, i saw at least 2 youtube videos, which frightened me...not because of that tiny pin that can pop out, nor the guide rod being a PITS...

no, that scared the ever living hell outta me, was the 2 different nitwits that did the videos...you'd think that they'd practice a few more tomes, before making a video about "how to do a field strip"

i do happen to have a few specialized tools already in my arsenal of home owners gun smithing tools, that i should be able to do a much better job my 1st time, than those 2 Bozo's did.

i took apart my Korth mongoose revolver's wheel, (and there are NO instructions on how to do this) and let me tell you, about tiny pieces.......

1) did i sweat the details...??

2) was i nervous...???

3) did i lose any of those tiny pieces..??

no to all 3 and you wanna know why...???

cuz the very first time, i field stripped a 1911, and the spring cap went flying into the air...??

i saw it, and kept my eyes on it, and saw where it landed, along with the guide rod spring.......

so i keep my eyes OPEN to low and high flying objects, many of which, are not UFO's.

but rather...HOLEE.....SH**'s............
you don't know that about ufo's. we're not alone.....

i heard horror stories about field stripping a 1911. so the first thing i did when i got mine is, well, field strip it. wasn't nearly as bad i thought. i did the same with my new/old ruger mark i. that on the other hand.... well, let's just say cursing was involved.

Back