testtest

Ronin 4.25

RJGJR

Alpha
I recently purchased a new SA Ronin Operator 4.25 in .45ACP. After taking out to shoot the first time I have found the outside edges of the grip safety & frame are a bit sharp. After shooting 100 rnds through I developed a blister/cut on my thumb where the gun is fits in the webbing of my thumb/hand. I have never had this with any other 1911/handgun. After inspecting the gun the edges of the frame & grip safety have a very pronounced sharp edge. To fix this and not damage the look of the gun could I lightly ease the edges with some 400 or 600 grit sandpaper? Has anyone else had this problem? I have 2 other 1911's (Kimber & Remington), plus when I entered the service the 1911 was the service pistol we carried & qualified with. I have never had this happen with any other gun. I would appreciate any advice on this. Thanks

I recently purchased a new SA Ronin Operator 4.25 in .45ACP. After taking out to shoot the first time I have found the outside edges of the grip safety & frame are a bit sharp. After shooting 100 rnds through I developed a blister/cut on my thumb where the gun is fits in the webbing of my thumb/hand. I have never had this with any other 1911/handgun. After inspecting the gun the edges of the frame & grip safety have a very pronounced sharp edge. To fix this and not damage the look of the gun could I lightly ease the edges with some 400 or 600 grit sandpaper? Has anyone else had this problem? I have 2 other 1911's (Kimber & Remington), plus when I entered the service the 1911 was the service pistol we carried & qualified with. I have never had this happen with any other gun. I would appreciate any advice on this. Thanks
I would say you can do that but I would ask @Mike H. or @xdman for other options. I’m surprised how that got past QC.

Yes that is what it will take, some sanding. I do not know your gunsmithing skills but removing the grip safety will make it easier. Get some sand paper, different grit of course and then finish it up with emory cloth. I’ve heard of this problem before, could be your hand (profile) compared to someone else’s. Congrats on the Ronin have read and heard great things on this pistol.

I have a 5in Ronin in .45 and don’t have this problem, FWIW. I hope you get this fixed without too much difficulty. Personally, I would take it to a gunsmith rather than sand on that beautiful gun - but I have been know to be a bit heavy handed.

Back