testtest

Ronin 9mm accuracy?

Took my new Ronin out last weekend and it shot incredibly large groups. Off a rest I'm getting 4-5" groups at 20 yards. My Hi Power, VP9, Shield and Glock all shoot better than that offhand.
Tried with Blazer brass, and Speer 124gr.
I emailed SA to have them take it back and look it over.
Anybody else have a similar issue?

Took my new Ronin out last weekend and it shot incredibly large groups. Off a rest I'm getting 4-5" groups at 20 yards. My Hi Power, VP9, Shield and Glock all shoot better than that offhand.
Try 147g if you can get your hands on some. Mine is very accurate especially with the Sig fmj 147

About a week after I bought my Ronin EMP3 and had put 300 rounds through it, I did a grouping test with my instructor (no bag) at 7 yards on 6" targets with a full 9 round mag of different types of ammo.

Norma Range & Training 115 (1214 fps) had the tightest grouping.
Fiocchi Pistol Shooting Dynamics 115 (1200 fps) was a close second.
Hornady Critical Defense 115 FTX (1135 fps) was third, but the more I got used to its recoil, the tighter the grouping became.
Blazer Brass 124 (1090 fps) was widest off-center.
Federal Premium Law Enforcement Tactical HST 124 (1150 fps) produced the worst grouping with 2 flyers (probably me). Also, had one FTF and had to "burp" the slide twice.

May do another test, with yet different types of ammo, and use a bag. Might also take some photos.

Did you have anyone else shoot the pistol to confirm results ?

Sights off a tad ?
Ammo?
Your ability ?

All can be factors. Before you go diagnosing all sorts of these factors, have another competent shooter try the pistol to see if results are same or not

Did you have anyone else shoot the pistol to confirm results ?

Sights off a tad ?
Ammo?
Your ability ?

All can be factors. Before you go diagnosing all sorts of these factors, have another competent shooter try the pistol to see if results are same or not
I'm not going to say I'm a pro, but I don't have any issue with any of my other pistols or past 1911's shooting very well. Another buddy shot it with similarly poor results.
Also shot with WWB NATO 124gr.

Last edited:
Did you try a shooting bag/bag rest on a bench?
Isolate the firearm as much as possible and exercise trigger control.
No squeezing with the three amigos when you fire.
Use steady and even pressure when you hit the wall so that you're almost surprised when the shot goes off.

Did you try a shooting bag/bag rest on a bench?
Isolate the firearm as much as possible and exercise trigger control.
No squeezing with the three amigos when you fire.
Use steady and even pressure when you hit the wall so that you're almost surprised when the shot goes off.
Yeah, in my original post I mentioned I shot off of a rest. Thanks for the suggestions, I'm not a pro, but I shoot a lot and have a bit of 2 gun under my belt.

Got a chance to shoot it this morning. Groups were about 3 times smaller since Springfield fixed it.
I installed Harrison ignition parts and that helped the trigger pull quite a bit. It's still not great, about 5.5 pounds. I'm not sure when I'll have some tuning done to it. Full time college student, so funds are limited.
Also shot my MkIII Hi Power that Action Works did their magic on.
Ammo was Winchester NATO 124gr. Distance was 10 yards. Hot and very windy in WY today.

Ronin:

Hi Power:

Back