testtest

Ruger AR pistol 5.56

I didn't want to because of the power burning. I was talking to the salesman and he told me that I can't change anything on the gun because of the laws. I want to get a 300blk for my house gun just can't find one now. I'm thinking about the lazer/handstop on it and a light, that all I'm going to do to it.
Congrats Adam. What's nice about uppers, is that you can buy online with no FFL intervention required. Pick out a 300BO 10" (or smaller (I have a 8" custom build and SA Saint Victor 9" in 300 BO)) barrel from PSA, Midway USA, etc., and have them mail it to your house. Easy Peasy, install & you have you 300BO house gun.

They are loud!!! I have an Ruger AR pistol. I don’t shoot at a range, but outside it’s loud. I wouldn’t (have decided and told myself) use this as a home defense gun. It’s way too loud. It would deafen you indoors with no ear protection. I have other means of protection that’s not as loud. If this was your only means of protection, then so be it. There is really no reason to SBR this pistol. No laws against shouldering it. This buffer tube is a 5 position whereas when you SBR it you can put a 6 position stock on it. I would however put in for a suppressor. Until then check out some blast diverters, it will push everything forward. I did put a hand stop on mine. Not that it needed it, it is slightly more comfortable though.

They are loud!!! I have an Ruger AR pistol. I don’t shoot at a range, but outside it’s loud. I wouldn’t (have decided and told myself) use this as a home defense gun. It’s way too loud. It would deafen you indoors with no ear protection. I have other means of protection that’s not as loud. If this was your only means of protection, then so be it. There is really no reason to SBR this pistol. No laws against shouldering it. This buffer tube is a 5 position whereas when you SBR it you can put a 6 position stock on it. I would however put in for a suppressor. Until then check out some blast diverters, it will push everything forward. I did put a hand stop on mine. Not that it needed it, it is slightly more comfortable though.
Great advice!

If you are leaning towards getting a suppressor for 5.56 I would recommend a .30 cal suppressor so you can use it on .300blk also. Make sure the suppressor has a QD attachment system so you can buy additional muzzle devices to quickly put the suppressor on different tread pitches such as 1/2x28 and 5/8x24. Also a 5.56 subsonic round will not cycle the bolt of an AR even when suppressed and you will need to manually cycle each round.

There should not be any issues with .300blk subsonic cycling while suppressed.

Great advice!

If you are leaning towards getting a suppressor for 5.56 I would recommend a .30 cal suppressor so you can use it on .300blk also. Make sure the suppressor has a QD attachment system so you can buy additional muzzle devices to quickly put the suppressor on different tread pitches such as 1/2x28 and 5/8x24. Also a 5.56 subsonic round will not cycle the bolt of an AR even when suppressed and you will need to manually cycle each round.

There should not be any issues with .300blk subsonic cycling while suppressed.

No doubt go with a 30 cal can and buy adapters for the other firearms involved. Lots of good compiles out there that offer great suppressors and adapters.

Congrats Adam. What's nice about uppers, is that you can buy online with no FFL intervention required. Pick out a 300BO 10" (or smaller (I have a 8" custom build and SA Saint Victor 9" in 300 BO)) barrel from PSA, Midway USA, etc., and have them mail it to your house. Easy Peasy, install & you have you 300BO house gun.
Thanks for the info.

Thanks. Want to get it before the election.
ATF website has an efile where you can submit your form 1. Need fingerprints and other govt items done, so read the ATF website to get required docs in order then Efile the form 1. Not hard but requires some prep and legwork on legal info needed for the ATF.
play by the rules and you can have some legal fun.

ATF website has an efile where you can submit your form 1. Need fingerprints and other govt items done, so read the ATF website to get required docs in order then Efile the form 1. Not hard but requires some prep and legwork on legal info needed for the ATF.
play by the rules and you can have some legal fun.
My buddy is going though it now. A local gun shop and in door pistol range that I go to will help with everything. Was going to look into it last time I was there but they were really busy.

Back