testtest

Ruger Gunsite Scout .308 Winchester

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
The Ruger Gunsite Scout was formally announced during the 2011 SHOT Show and shares the same basic action of the Ruger M77 MKII and Hawkeye rifles, but rather than featuring a hinged floorplate, it accepts a 10-round detachable box magazine (with 3- and 5-round versions also offered).

Ruger Gunsite Scout .308 Winchester

BP-01.jpg

This is my scout rifle. It's a Mossberg MVP 223 with fake suppressor and Red Dot. It's also been Cerokoted. It uses AR magazines. A fellow Marine put it together and we were able to make a deal. I think it helped that I was a fellow Marine as he liked this rifle a lot. As soon as I saw it I knew it was exactly what I wanted and needed..:)

I set it up with a sling so I can use it the way we were taught in the Marine Corps training back in 1976. I can tighten up to my shoulder and since it's a 223 it doesn't bother my surgically repaired neck..:)

It's a simple rifle but well thought out. I have always preferred bolt action rifles over semi-autos. I would eventually like to have another rifle like this but in 6.5 Creedmoor.

Attachments

• MyScout_20220108_020651.jpg
    MyScout_20220108_020651.jpg
    568.3 KB · Views: 87
Oh ok. Yes I like mine. Wish there was more optic options available for them though.
I removed my rail and just use the standard Ruger rings with a regular Vortex 4-12x. I had a scout scope mounted on the rail, but didn't like having so much eye relief. I really wanted my Scout for a stoutly-built, but compact .308. I used to really want the M77 Compact .308 to go with my .223 Compact, but never could find one for sale locally. Still love my Gunsite. The compact probably had heavy recoil, because it was more lightly-built than the scout.

I removed my rail and just use the standard Ruger rings with a regular Vortex 4-12x. I had a scout scope mounted on the rail, but didn't like having so much eye relief. I really wanted my Scout for a stoutly-built, but compact .308. I used to really want the M77 Compact .308 to go with my .223 Compact, but never could find one for sale locally. Still love my Gunsite. The compact probably had heavy recoil, because it was more lightly-built than the scout.
Yeah I've contemplated just going standard set-up but then thought why even have a scout.

This is my scout rifle. It's a Mossberg MVP 223 with fake suppressor and Red Dot. It's also been Cerokoted. It uses AR magazines. A fellow Marine put it together and we were able to make a deal. I think it helped that I was a fellow Marine as he liked this rifle a lot. As soon as I saw it I knew it was exactly what I wanted and needed..:)

I set it up with a sling so I can use it the way we were taught in the Marine Corps training back in 1976. I can tighten up to my shoulder and since it's a 223 it doesn't bother my surgically repaired neck..:)

It's a simple rifle but well thought out. I have always preferred bolt action rifles over semi-autos. I would eventually like to have another rifle like this but in 6.5 Creedmoor.
😍 that brings back great memories.

I was instrumental in assisting the design engineer and then built the program for the CNC Manufacturing process for the MVP stock.
I also designed all the holding fixtures as well as the cutting tools used in every process.

All the MVP stocks from wood blank to finished product have my hands in the process.

Fun times.

Back