testtest

Ruger precision rifle

That’s a lot of money for the rifle but I would do 500 for the 22lr it’s a cool looking rifle
It's actually not a bad price for a precision rifle that I've seen others go for 2x-3x the price. PRS (Precision Rifle Series) can be very expensive when you start adding scopes and other accessories to the rifle, which are often custom built. So for an out of the box PRS type rifle, it's not bad for initial entry to the sport or just for just casually shooting precision. I have several Ruger RPRs (308, 6cm, 6.5cm & 338 Lapua) that I've picked up all for under $1400 each. I also have a Savage A10 Ashbury 6.5cm and a Christensen Arms 308 MPR that cost more. My LGS just got in a Christensen Arms 338 MPR that's going for $2200, but unfortunately I have money allocated to some handgun orders that have recently arrive.
Yeah, the 22lr RPR looks like it's worth the price. I believe @10mmLife has one, if so perhaps he can add his opionions on it.

I had a RPR in 6.5 CM and while it wad accurate it was too big and heavy to fit my needs as a field rifle. My field rifle needs are best met by a conventional/traditional bolt gun and my other 6.5s (custom to enhanced factory) are all those configurations.

If you're just a "range" person the RPR in whatever cartridge is an option, but there are many options out there.

A .22lr RPR has no place for me, and I have several very accurate .22lrs following the same logic as described above.

But, to each his/her/its own.

My .02

Being a rimfire-phile (if that's a real thing) i was interested in the RPR in .22lr at one point. The more I read about it the less I wanted it. I read several reviews from owners that the accuracy is decent but not that much better than a 10/22. That right there put me off. I spent my money elsewhere (90 year old walnut and steel .22's). That is my thought on them... although, one in .22 mag may be fun.

It's actually not a bad price for a precision rifle that I've seen others go for 2x-3x the price. PRS (Precision Rifle Series) can be very expensive when you start adding scopes and other accessories to the rifle, which are often custom built. So for an out of the box PRS type rifle, it's not bad for initial entry to the sport or just for just casually shooting precision. I have several Ruger RPRs (308, 6cm, 6.5cm & 338 Lapua) that I've picked up all for under $1400 each. I also have a Savage A10 Ashbury 6.5cm and a Christensen Arms 308 MPR that cost more. My LGS just got in a Christensen Arms 338 MPR that's going for $2200, but unfortunately I have money allocated to some handgun orders that have recently arrive.
Yeah, the 22lr RPR looks like it's worth the price. I believe @10mmLife has one, if so perhaps he can add his opionions on it.
Thanks for the input bet7

I never did pickup the Ruger .22lr precision. They were out of stock in my area for a while then I just gave up on getting one before they became plentiful again.

Being a rimfire-phile (if that's a real thing) i was interested in the RPR in .22lr at one point. The more I read about it the less I wanted it. I read several reviews from owners that the accuracy is decent but not that much better than a 10/22. That right there put me off. I spent my money elsewhere (90 year old walnut and steel .22's). That is my thought on them... although, one in .22 mag may be fun.
Ditto. There are some pretty darn accurate .22’s out there that’ll be much better “field” rifles while still holding there own on the range. I’ve got an old 10/22 with a Volquartsen carbon fiber barrel and match trigger that’ll flat out shoot and an older CZ bolt that’s also excellent, and they are both light enough to easily carry all day on a sling. I’ve shot the Ruger out to 300 yards just fooling around and it did amazing once you compensate for the mortar-like trajectory😏

I had one in .308, but it didn't fit me, no matter how much I tried, it was too much like a bolt action AR.
My idea of a bolt gun doesn't include a chassis to have it mounted in.

I have no knowledge of the centerfire models but the rimfire version is hit or miss on accuracy. Most require some money to be thrown at it to get accuracy up to snuff if something like NRL22 is the purpose behind it.

Back