testtest

Ruger SP101 ejector rod wobble

S

Simon

Just bought a new Ruger SP101 22 or. Didn't notice till I first shot it at the range but the ejector rod has a bit of a wobble to it. My first Ruger. It functions properly but seems a bit odd. Is this normal?

No threads. Appears there's a junction spot right before the rod enters the cylinder. Sort of a 2 piece thing. With cylinder open I can actually move the external rod apx 1/16 of an in back and forth before it comes in contact with rod that goes through the cylinder.

I know on Ruger’s GP-100, the rod is loose on the gun, it’s made that way since it doesn’t lock into anything, it’s normal on that gun, not sure on the SP-101

Last edited:
Ok. Thanks. Never encountered anything like it. I'm assuming that's the way it is designed. I'm well aware of Rugers quality. It seems like a 2 piece rod. My SWs don't have this issue.

Yes I see that. But again at the junction of the 2 rods it seems that if you were to open the cylinder and firmly pop down the rod to clear the casings you might snap the thing. I know it's just a 22lr.

Shouldn’t happen, Rugers are tank tough, you could always get ahold of there customer support if you feel the need.

Just bought a new Ruger SP101 22 or. Didn't notice till I first shot it at the range but the ejector rod has a bit of a wobble to it. My first Ruger. It functions properly but seems a bit odd. Is this normal?
Thought mine did too so I checked..... I have the SP-101 in 38/357 and yes it wobbles....
The revolver is a favorite of my oldest granddaughter and she has put a ton of rounds,
mostly 38, through it. I on the other hand have fired a lot of mags. I'm going to say the
little bit of wobble is factory installed!! :ROFLMAO:

There are several links addressing this..... here's one:

https://www.rugerforum.net/threads/sp101-ejector-rod.11846/

Last edited:
Back