testtest

Russian T-72: Most Destroyed Modern Tank in History?

If you have any evidence to support why the previous sources aren't legitimate, please post them. The burden of proof is on you. There is photographic and video evidence of THOUSANDS of T-72s being destroyed in Europe and the Middle East, despite your denial.

You don't call the Middle East insurgencies 'real combat' yet thousands of Russian tanks have been destroyed in the same conditions the Abrams dealt with for decades. The Abrams has survived hits from RPG-29s. Seen videos of T-72s doing what they do best and blowing off their turrets when hit with the same weapons.

When the Abrams met T-72s, it destroyed them with little difficulties. No Abrams has been destroyed by a T-72.

You claim these tanks can't work in Europe, for whatever reason. I wonder how you will deny Russian losses once they are destroyed by NATO tanks.
As technically deficient as the T-72 is, I still think crew training and leadership are an important part of the equation. But I agree that the fact is something does put the T-72 in the hole from the get go. BTW, it doesn't take a Merkava to compete with a T-72. The IDF was killing T-72s with M48A5s in the Bekaa Valley all the way back in 1982. BTW #2, photo attached of yours truly with a T-72 found on the battlefield in its usual state.
scan0029.jpg

The bottom line is both NATO-type (European/American/Israeli) tanks were designed to fight in European conditions. Saying that they aren't indicates ignorance.

NATO & Russian tank design follow two different design philosophies - NATO protect the crews & provide superior firepower, vs. Russian (mass attacks to overwhelm the opponent) its too bad the crew is instantly carbonized when the ammo their sitting on goes boom because there's more peasants where they came from.

Both NATO and Russian tanks will get bogged down in muddy conditions, and training + tactics will determine the eventual victor.

My .02

As technically deficient as the T-72 is, I still think crew training and leadership are an important part of the equation. But I agree that the fact is something does put the T-72 in the hole from the get go. BTW, it doesn't take a Merkava to compete with a T-72. The IDF was killing T-72s with M48A5s in the Bekaa Valley all the way back in 1982. BTW #2, photo attached of yours truly with a T-72 found on the battlefield in its usual state.View attachment 40225
Can’t be.

Turret is still on.

;)

If you have any evidence to support why the previous sources aren't legitimate, please post them. The burden of proof is on you. There is photographic and video evidence of THOUSANDS of T-72s being destroyed in Europe and the Middle East, despite your denial.

You don't call the Middle East insurgencies 'real combat' yet thousands of Russian tanks have been destroyed in the same conditions the Abrams dealt with for decades. The Abrams has survived hits from RPG-29s. Seen videos of T-72s doing what they do best and blowing off their turrets when hit with the same weapons.

When the Abrams met T-72s, it destroyed them with little difficulties. No Abrams has been destroyed by a T-72.

You claim these tanks can't work in Europe, for whatever reason. I wonder how you will deny Russian losses once they are destroyed by NATO t
I wonder, what kind of battle in Europe you mention when thousands of T72s were destroyed? Name me one, were one T72 was destroyed in Europe. Ukraine is not Europe. I believe this is just to create a noise in attempt to prove anything.
Have you read my post? I have never mention that T72 is invincible. 7 days war was actually first try out of T72 in the battle. Then when was the first Leopard battle? Can you name any battles at all with Leopards or Abrams where you face even or similar forces. Kuwait war does not count. 35 Nations against 1 is not a battle, but hunt. See how Abrams nowadays burn in Yemen. Well, Abrams was created for desert war, not European war. Now look what is going on in Ukraine - they are not in the battle field. Tell me why? I told it already: those are not made for European theater. They will not survive it. The initial NATO doctrine was not even to win tank battle, but to loose the European war, get all Russian tanks to Berlin and Nuke it all along with Europe altogether, in attempt to win it. They know Russia will never use nukes first. So anyway,

I told it already: those are not made for European theater. They will not survive it. The initial NATO doctrine was not even to win tank battle, but to loose the European war, get all Russian tanks to Berlin and Nuke it all along with Europe altogether, in attempt to win it. They know Russia will never use nukes first. So anyway,
What a totally ignorant perspective.

BTW no tank is invincible. Parking anything out in the open and let anyone to take shots at it will result in a destroyed vehicle or, at least a mobility kill.

I wonder, what kind of battle in Europe you mention when thousands of T72s were destroyed? Name me one, were one T72 was destroyed in Europe. Ukraine is not Europe. I believe this is just to create a noise in attempt to prove anything.
Have you read my post? I have never mention that T72 is invincible. 7 days war was actually first try out of T72 in the battle. Then when was the first Leopard battle? Can you name any battles at all with Leopards or Abrams where you face even or similar forces. Kuwait war does not count. 35 Nations against 1 is not a battle, but hunt. See how Abrams nowadays burn in Yemen. Well, Abrams was created for desert war, not European war. Now look what is going on in Ukraine - they are not in the battle field. Tell me why? I told it already: those are not made for European theater. They will not survive it. The initial NATO doctrine was not even to win tank battle, but to loose the European war, get all Russian tanks to Berlin and Nuke it all along with Europe altogether, in attempt to win it. They know Russia will never use nukes first. So anyway,
Huh?

What utterly ignorant drivel.

First, Ukraine is in Europe, not Asia.

Second, Abrams was designed for a European war…not desert.

Donny, you are WAAAY out of your element.

How many Abrams were lost in Yemen and Iraq combined? Magnitudes less than the amount of T-72s lost in Syria over a longer period of time.

Ukraine is Europe. https://www.britannica.com/place/Ukraine

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/what-continent-is-ukraine-in.html

You offer me to continue research on your non-sense? Thanks for assignment, but may be next time.
T72 was built when Abrams was long in projects. M48-M60 against T72 initial buil you can compare.
I repeat asking same question 3 times from you: if you are so sure in your Abrams, how come they do not fight in Europe?
How come Leopard are not in battle yet, as NATO sends them hundereds in Ukraine?
You still want to compare with who's dick is bigger. This article is not about that. Let's will fnish this kindergarten. I said we will see what will happened with Leppards in Ukraine. Abrams are not is scope even - forget it.
Now, T72 has dozens of modifications. Russians did not bring their T90th yet, may be yes, but not much in Ukraine. If and when Leopards will show up somehow (I doubt it) in Ukr then we will see a real battle. So far it is just wasting of efforts.
I can attest to the lethality of the Abrams main battle tank and Bradley fighting vehicle. The T-72, BMP, and BMD were no match for the 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division in Iraq.

Served in Germany twice, heard of no such doctrine.

Here is the documented T72 losses just in 2022, yet alone 2023 now .
Get out your calculator

Back