testtest

Russia’s Rarest Spec-Ops Pistol?

I love the Makarov, the original, but if I wanted a 9x18 hi cap pistol it would be a CZ82, or better yet the cZ83 9x18 version which is fairly rare I understand.
Most CZ82’s were .380, with some in .32/7.65…they’re some in 9x18, but, yeah, they’re rare birds.

The Sphynx AT-380M is an improved version of the 82/83, but only available in .380.

I have the "cousin" in a CZ82-83 and it is frankly amazing. It uses polygonal rifling, carries 9 rounds, and is both accurate and easy shooting. It is clazzically CZ, in that it has a very smooth trigger and shows expert crafting throughout. At 25 yards, rested, I can shoot a 2 1/2" group when rested, and a 3 inch grouping when standing. Sights are less than optimal with the ammo I can get, (6 o'clock hold) but if I do that it scores a tight group every time. The soft recoil and easy trigger makes it easy for my 75 year-old hands to do their job and it's relatively easy to cycle to load the first round. I'm tempted to get the barrel replaced for a .380 chamber, but if I watch the sales, 9.3 X 18 mm ammo is still affordable and the accuracy means that the relatively low powered rounds can still do their job. I'm sold on it and plan to keep it until I literally cannnot go to the range anymore...and it's a great home defense weapon (altho' I've never had to use it that way). All in all Makarov did a great job designing the thing and the upgrades made it even better.

Most CZ82’s were .380, with some in .32/7.65…they’re some in 9x18, but, yeah, they’re rare birds.

The Sphynx AT-380M is an improved version of the 82/83, but only available in .380.
I have both the 82 and 83. the CZ 82s are all 9 Mak, as they were issued to military and police units and used the ComBlock round. To the best of my knowledge, 83s were mostly .380, with a few .32s thrown in. All 82s are C&R, 83s are not.

I love the Makarov, the original, but if I wanted a 9x18 hi cap pistol it would be a CZ82, or better yet the cZ83 9x18 version which is fairly rare I understand.
They're ok for historical, collector purposes, but as a useful tool it's a hard pass for me. I have a couple regular Maks, one in .380 and one in 9x18. They're very accurate and bombproof pistols. They still rarely see the light of day.

They're ok for historical, collector purposes, but as a useful tool it's a hard pass for me. I have a couple regular Maks, one in .380 and one in 9x18. They're very accurate and bombproof pistols. They still rarely see the light of day.
I carried one for 20 years, still prefer it over most new pistols.it still gets more holster and range time than any striker. It was one of the three I took to the range today. Mak, Model 60 and Browning 1911.

Last edited:
Huh... I found my Nickle IJ70-17AH in the back of the safe.
I thought I sold it a long ago.
Guess I still have it after all.
Box, holster, pistol, mags, extra grip... still look good.

Back