testtest

RYT modified case jig kit

Just got mine delivered yesterday. Works well, drill bit had to be replaced, but other than that, works like a champ. Not crazy about using a FL die partially sizing the neck at the mouth of the case. Gonna use my Redding body dies instead. Needs a bit of lube when threading.
 
I like to add, the tap I believe isn't the best either and I have a good tap I bought from a machine shop supply locally. Is says D.T.C. HSS (high speed steel) ground industrial grade from search I found. The tap that came with the kit is a little tough going through but I haven't tried some lube yet.
 
Tapping lube.. What's the best for brass, like to stay away from oils to prevent running into die to cause slippage, like a soft paste ?? Sometimes the case starts to slip so some good lube would help. The tape is high speed hardened from what I see UNS inscribed on it. I also have a DTC tap which I bought from a industrial machine supply years ago, that served me well.
 
Back
Top