testtest

S/A 35

I have a mid 2000 serial number…numerous failures to extract. After a decent break in of around 400 rounds returned to SA. Customer service was good and fairly quick but immediately started having problems again. I documented the problems with about 10 different brands of high quality ammo and included lots of photos. After the second repair it seems to be fixed as I have about 250 rounds through it without issue…..
I was definitely disappointed with the problem like everyone else…….but do love the pistol
I have about 1000 rounds through it now

I have a mid 2000 serial number…numerous failures to extract. After a decent break in of around 400 rounds returned to SA. Customer service was good and fairly quick but immediately started having problems again. I documented the problems with about 10 different brands of high quality ammo and included lots of photos. After the second repair it seems to be fixed as I have about 250 rounds through it without issue…..
I was definitely disappointed with the problem like everyone else…….but do love the pistol
I have about 1000 rounds through it now
Glad the repairs worked out.

UPDATE:

i got an email this morning, my S-A 35 was in...!!!

the email states the serial number, whis is 4 numbers, and the first 2 are....66XX

so, with "some hope", the extractor issue is cured.

took it home, stripped it, cleaned it, and lubed it.

don't know when it'll get to the range, maybe Monday the earliest.

i had also gone ahead weeks ago, and bought 3 more S/A mags from S/A, while i was waiting for this.

1648742760813.png

1648742788624.png

1648742806359.png

1648742825723.png

ok, i took the SA-35 to the club this morning, and 200 rds of 115 gr, Magtech ammo.

NOT.ONE.HICCUP.

the 35 ran like it was on fire.

i just need to get better at shooting it.

this is the "better" target of 4 in total, @ 50 rds per target.

took it home, cleaned and oiled it again. what i failed to do the other day when i first field stripped it?

i did not put a drop of oil into the tiny ball bearing in the guide rod boss. (for the lack of the real name)

1648828610204.jpeg

ok, i took the SA-35 to the club this morning, and 200 rds of 115 gr, Magtech ammo.

NOT.ONE.HICCUP.

took it home, cleaned and oiled it again. what i failed to do the other day when i first field stripped it?

i did not put a drop of oil into the tiny ball bearing in the guide rod boss. (for the lack of the real name)

View attachment 26063
Glad it worked !
Hope it continue … 👍

NOT.ONE.HICCUP.

View attachment 26063
Sounds to me like yours will be fine, if you had no issues with shooting 200 rounds, to me, that's great news, now I will have to find one, and if my wife says why, I'm going to tell her you influenced me.......lol

Sounds to me like yours will be fine, if you had no issues with shooting 200 rounds, to me, that's great news, now I will have to find one, and if my wife says why, I'm going to tell her you influenced me.......lol
in fact, yesterday when i got it home, and then went online to register the warranty, i sent another email asking for the build date.

i always ask for the build date and EVERY GUN MAKER, EXCEPT COLT......responds..!!!!

screw Colt if i gotta send them money for a simple build date

i just got this minutes ago, checking my email...!!!! (i am late checking today's emails...lol)

--------------------------------

Good morning

The build date was 3/22.

Destiny K | Customer Service
Team Springfield
420 West Main Street
Geneseo, IL 61254

----------------------------

so...they DO read the emails...!!!!!

Hopefully they've addressed the extraction issues that some people were having. I'm debating whether or not to pick up an SA-35

Hopefully they've addressed the extraction issues that some people were having. I'm debating whether or not to pick up an SA-35
well ike i had previously stated, the serial number on mine, is still 4 digits, and starting at 6xxx. some with serial numbers in the 5's had some issues.

also mine is recently made as i stated, in March of '22

it took a month to get mine. the LGS i frequent had to take deposits to ensure a customer gets an SA-35.

so you may have a while to wait, if you order one anyways. you might get one in the 7's for a serial number.

my "best guess" is that midway thru the serial numbers in the 5's? the problem was corrected at the factory.

Update.... Just got back from the range with the SA-35. 300 rounds of Remington UMC through her with no issues whatsoever. Just my opinion here on it but she's better than my original Hi Power.
Glad it shot well.
I would say they fired identical. I like the new updated SA sights over my Hi Power, but other than that, they were even.
I’d fire a mag thru the Hi Power then a mag thru the SA35, side x side.

FBE9477B-67B3-4F89-A71A-98113A966AFC.jpeg

took the SA 35 to the range this morning, put another 100 rds thru it. (300 thus far) this time S&B 115 gr,

still gotta get to know the sights better. a couple of low hits, but not one hiccup.

View attachment 26184
Very Nice Shooting sir !

If I may, I think your low shots is all about your grip &/or trigger finger during the shot as opposed to the sights.
Your 90%+ below bullseye grouping leads me to believe its your Grip , possibly your sight plane… my .02 cents

Nice consistent shooting though 👍

Very Nice Shooting sir !

If I may, I think your low shots is all about your grip &/or trigger finger during the shot as opposed to the sights.
Your 90%+ below bullseye grouping leads me to believe its your Grip , possibly your sight plane… my .02 cents

Nice consistent shooting though 👍
yeah, to me it's just a different "feel" to the grips over say my 1911's. can't really explain how i mean to say that.

Back