testtest

S&W Competitor

southtex

Professional
Founding Member

1682106051998.jpeg

Picked one up last Friday and took it to the range Saturday. I ran 150 rounds without incident. The craftsmanship, sights, and trigger were fine out of the box. The trigger break was within the advertised 4.25lb. A Holosun HE507C-GRx2 was put on yesterday with a range trip Tuesday. Looking forward to the range trip with the optic attached. I will hopefully have a glowing report

View attachment 38891

Picked one up last Friday and took it to the range Saturday. I ran 150 rounds without incident. The craftsmanship, sights, and trigger were fine out of the box. The trigger break was within the advertised 4.25lb. A Holosun HE507C-GRx2 was put on yesterday with a range trip Tuesday. Looking forward to the range trip with the optic attached. I will hopefully have a glowing report

Nice, been waiting on my shop to get one in.

Had one. It was ok. Put the overwatch kit and sear in, made it better.
Bought a Canik Rival S 2 weeks later, better fit, feel, shooting… sold the SW Competitor to a good friend and he LOVES it.
Probably put about 300 to 400 rounds through it, can’t say anything bad…great shooter, reliable and ate everything without issue.
Trigger take up was much better with the overwatch kit.
Just didn’t fall in love with it.

I've been wanting 1 for a while, but bought their 5.7 instead (only because it was in stock at the time). If you decide you don't care for the gun I'll take it off your hands. 10 round mag if I remember right? My g21 and 41 hold 13, but added a +2 and love it! I could live with a 10 rounder, but would probably add an extension? I use the same exact of branded mag extensions for the g20 and 40, but it adds 3 (18 rounds of 10mil without 1 in the pipe).

View attachment 38891

Congratulations on your new S&W Competitor. I think you'll like it.

I picked up one a couple of weeks ago and have the opportunity to take it to the range on a couple of occasions. After about 300 rounds of several brands/weights of ammo, it has been perfect, no malfunctions of any kind and the trigger has smoothed out considerably.

If I were to fault it at all it would be to criticize the plastic grip panels and the way they are held in place. The plastic pin that holds the rear grip panel into place can easily have the hex portion for the Allen wrench rounded out if not careful, and the front grip insert can sometimes be a little loose. It's a little more snappy than an all steel gun, but that's to be expected and it does a great job at staying on target.

All in all I'm very happy with mine. I had a hard time deciding on the all Tungsten or the 2-tone, they both look great, but eventually chose the 2-tone.

1.jpg

Back