testtest

S&W Performance Center: Is The Upcharge Worth the Money

The middle of last week I was at a local gun dealer , looking for some Federal HST .45 ammo and scored. While I was there I of course had to look around some. Saw a standard S&W 642 lightly used and a brand new 642 performance model. The trigger was so much better on the performance model . Not only was it much smoother , it was also much lighter.

The standard 642 trigger was slightly rough and felt like about 10 lbs of pull. The performance center model felt like about 7 to 8 lbs and smooth as silk.

How much recoil does that have if I may ask
I'm not sure I can explain it but here goes. Before we owned .45s people always told us the .45 recoil is more of a push and a 9mm is more snappy. With that in mind, with the PC version the push is smoother with less muzzle rise. I am more accurate with my wife's S&W PC .45 than my XDs .45 (sorry) and I have about the same range time with each. There may be other factors but I was better faster with the Performance center .45.....Hope I answered your question....

I'm not sure I can explain it but here goes. Before we owned .45s people always told us the .45 recoil is more of a push and a 9mm is more snappy. With that in mind, with the PC version the push is smoother with less muzzle rise. I am more accurate with my wife's S&W PC .45 than my XDs .45 (sorry) and I have about the same range time with each. There may be other factors but I was better faster with the Performance center .45.....Hope I answered your question....
I had a XDs in,45, it kicked pretty good, my G27 really had some snap to it, but I think I understand what your saying, thanks

Back