testtest

S&W Shield in 30 Super Carry

This is just another form of making concessions to attract a certain buyer for calibers that are far more superior and have proven track records. Why would you want to make concessions with your life? I'll tell you what. The first time someone tries to take your life and you break out your micro pistol with it's 2" to 3" barrel and have to defend yourself perhaps even against a long gun or superior caliber weapon let me know how that turns out. Oh, and let's hope that your assailant plays along and stays within the 7 yards because the FBI says that the most shootings occur at this distance. God forbid you might have to take a longer shot with your micro. Concessions in gun fights equals death my friends. But hey, it's a free country(I think).

Tell that to the guy that landed 8 out of 10 at 40 yards with a Hellcat to end that mall shooting.

Seems a micro is plenty capable, if the shooter is.

Tell that to the guy that landed 8 out of 10 at 40 yards with a Hellcat to end that mall shooting.

I totally agree, have shot my P365XL extensively at 30 plus yards and it is extremely capable, probably moreso than I am even.

This was the very first outing with the p365 and this was the 30 yard target. Obviously I was putting everything left but I was happy with the overall results at 30 yards for a first time shooting it. And no, I did not notice I hung it upside down lol.

20211202_101454.jpg

For anyone interested, Julie Golob di a great comparison of the recoil of the 30 SC compared to 9mm. She overlaid the guns and used slow motion so you can really see how they compare. Interesting.

For anyone interested, Julie Golob di a great comparison of the recoil of the 30 SC compared to 9mm. She overlaid the guns and used slow motion so you can really see how they compare. Interesting.
At the pressure .30SC runs…a comp or porting would likely make it hold damn near level.

Hmm.

This is just another form of making concessions to attract a certain buyer for calibers that are far more superior and have proven track records. Why would you want to make concessions with your life? I'll tell you what. The first time someone tries to take your life and you break out your micro pistol with it's 2" to 3" barrel and have to defend yourself perhaps even against a long gun or superior caliber weapon let me know how that turns out. Oh, and let's hope that your assailant plays along and stays within the 7 yards because the FBI says that the most shootings occur at this distance. God forbid you might have to take a longer shot with your micro. Concessions in gun fights equals death my friends. But hey, it's a free country(I think).
I have made this statement in other threads and will do so again here. I have a Keltec PF-9 9MM. A few years ago I was at a semi local outdoor range . There was a 6" gong hanging at 50 yards and I was able to make 50% hits from each mag I shot at it. The misses would have still connected with a human. I know this because there was a guy there who I didn't know and he was standing behind me watching me shoot. He told me I wasn't missing by much when I didn't connect. I also hit the chain the gong was hanging from once.

It isn't the size of the gun ( micro , compact , full size ) that makes a difference. It is the skill of the shooter.

Yes that was outstanding and I'll bet he logged many training hours good for him but that is not the norm by any stretch I can tell you that.

I have made this statement in other threads and will do so again here. I have a Keltec PF-9 9MM. A few years ago I was at a semi local outdoor range . There was a 6" gong hanging at 50 yards and I was able to make 50% hits from each mag I shot at it. The misses would have still connected with a human. I know this because there was a guy there who I didn't know and he was standing behind me watching me shoot. He told me I wasn't missing by much when I didn't connect. I also hit the chain the gong was hanging from once.

It isn't the size of the gun ( micro , compact , full size ) that makes a difference. It is the skill of the shooter.
You're right papa, it is the skill set of the shooter. However, weapon selection can greatly enhance those skills and provide an advantage. Good to see you out there taking shots at the gong it's great practice and is definitely relevant training for todays environment.

Yes that was outstanding and I'll bet he logged many training hours good for him but that is not the norm by any stretch I can tell you that.

But he was replying to your opinion that a micro was basically death at ranges greater than 7 yards. He simply pointed out the omission that that the majority of inaccuracy in such weapons is with the shooters inability not simply the limitations of the weapon. Micros are certainly capable of accuracy many times 7 yards if the shooter practices doing so. The concession, as it were using your terminology, is in fact less mechanical ability of the firearm and more in practice of the end user.

To again use your terminology. He was telling you how it turned out when someone whipped out his micro pistol in a shooting, as asked for.

Last edited:
Back