testtest

SA-35 Back from BH Spring Solutions

mikegc

Elite
I received my SA-35 in December and managed to put close to 400 rounds through it in a couple of weeks. Mostly, I was using Winchester White Box. Once I got used to the sights, I started putting rounds where they should be. I was having to aim in the 1 o'clock position about 1.5 to 2 inches from the center. After around 240 rounds, I started getting a few feed failures and it got worse after 300 rounds. So, I cleaned it up and, after a conversation with a gent at BHSS, I boxed 'er up and sent it to them. They had it just shy of six weeks and I picked it up at my LGS on Saturday. I'm pretty pleased at the way it came out:
IMG_1181 L small.jpg

IMG_1182 R small.jpg

They did one of their "tune-ups," replaced the barrel and did a Performance Black finish (thin, ceramic-based baked on finish) and I installed the Hogue cocobolo grips. They also installed the SFS system. It'll be next week before I can get it to the range.

Mike

That's correct. Oh, youngolddude, my wife doesn't care in the least. Do you have any pics of those Lightnings? I'm looking at one, now, in .44WCF and it's really clean.

Mike
I'll see if I can pull them out and take a few pics. The wife has 2, both AWA's and I have 1 AWA and 1 Pedersoli. If the one you're looking at is a Pedersoli, that would be a brand to consider. It doesn't slam fire in stock form, but I just had mine modified to do that.

Back