testtest

Sa 35 extractor issues

Domar1291

Master Class
my sa35 had extraction issues (serial# low 4000) every 2nd mag on 3rd or 4th round... FTE so I replaced the extractor and spring, with clylinder and slide extractor + heavy duty spring, plus replaced the sear lever (from bhspring solutions with the spring assist sear). Now I've tested it and 300 rds later no issues. So right now I'm a happy camper. She's a keeper. I did purchase a complete setup like this for my other sa35. but it's had no issues yet, but if it does I'm ready.

My SA-35 was sent in for less than stellar finish near the front sight (high 5000's serial number) so 3 weeks turnaround time. Got it back took to range 300 rounds no issues. Took her out today 500 rounds and probably a good dozen extractor issues all w SA factory magazines and I was using UMC and Blazer brass 115 grain FMJ's. But what gets me is when she was initially sent in for the less than stellar finish I had called and asked them to replace any and all parts dealing with the extractor issues and customer service confirmed my gun was still there and she said she'll put it on the order. Well after my trip to the range I double checked the work order slip they returned with the gun and nope wasn't done they just refinished it and replaced the front sight. So I called customer service today and they apologized and said they should have fixed it when they had it the first time I sent her back. So RMA in hand and now I have to Fedex it back and God only knows how long they will have it this time. Very disappointed.

One major problem was with one 15 shot mec-gar magazine.
It was the first time I had two cartridges jammed in the magazine. I ended up removing the floor plate to remove them.

Back