testtest

SA-35 Night Sights

A small complaint about Springfield Armory's customer service and fitting a tritium three-dot night sight to my new SA-35. Earlier this summer, I'd found that Meprolight made three-dot tritium sights for the Browning Hi-Power. I called customer service to find out if they would fit my SA-35. I was told "No." I asked if anyone made three-dot tritium sights to fit the SA-35. Again, the customer service rep said "No." My call was not that long ago. Now I see, on page 96 of the new Fall 2022 issue of "The Armory Life," that the TruGlo Tritium Night Sight for the SA-35 is not only available, but is being sold by Springfield Armory. Perhaps, SA's customer service and marketing staff should co-ordinate better to avoid frustrating and disappointing the customer.

A small complaint about Springfield Armory's customer service and fitting a tritium three-dot night sight to my new SA-35. Earlier this summer, I'd found that Meprolight made three-dot tritium sights for the Browning Hi-Power. I called customer service to find out if they would fit my SA-35. I was told "No." I asked if anyone made three-dot tritium sights to fit the SA-35. Again, the customer service rep said "No." My call was not that long ago. Now I see, on page 96 of the new Fall 2022 issue of "The Armory Life," that the TruGlo Tritium Night Sight for the SA-35 is not only available, but is being sold by Springfield Armory. Perhaps, SA's customer service and marketing staff should co-ordinate better to avoid frustrating and disappointing the customer.
Don't know about how much SA wants for the SA-35 night sites, but BHSS has them & can install.

Also, the SA-35 has a non-BHP-spec dovetail so the Meprolight sights are made for it.

Also #2 - XS sights now has their R3D Night Sights for the SA-35.

And, here's vid on the install for the XS sights.

Don't know about how much SA wants for the SA-35 night sites, but BHSS has them & can install.

Also, the SA-35 has a non-BHP-spec dovetail so the Meprolight sights are made for it.

Also #2 - XS sights now has their R3D Night Sights for the SA-35.

And, here's vid on the install for the XS sights.

Many thanks for the information! For me, the only thing missing from the SA-35 were the night sights, so this is a great help.

Maybe at the time you called they were not released yet. Just saying
Maybe... and anyone can make a mistake. But Talyn believes the Meprolight three-dot tritium sights will fit the SA-35 dovetails, so I was given the wrong answer to my original question by customer service. Not the end of the world - I called it a small complaint - but it doesn't encourage me to rely on them in future, either.

Maybe... and anyone can make a mistake. But Talyn believes the Meprolight three-dot tritium sights will fit the SA-35 dovetails, so I was given the wrong answer to my original question by customer service. Not the end of the world - I called it a small complaint - but it doesn't encourage me to rely on them in future, either.
My bad on the Meprolight sites, I should have said the XS sites are compatible, as per the links.

Apologies

Last edited:
I ordered my SA-35 night sights from Springfield and got 'em in three days later. Worked out fine:
IMG_1986++.jpg

Mike

Back