testtest

SA-35 Review: Dissecting Springfield’s New Pistol

I ordered mine in October of last year and, at the time, the distributor my LGS uses didn't have any. My 3XXX S/N piece arrived in early December and, a week later, I ordered another one. That distributor is out and has no idea when they'll see another. I have a couple of retired LEO buds who ordered theirs a year ago with some program being offered to them. They sure like mine!

Mike

Lovely firearm, but the price gouging and lack of supply are a total joke! Selling them at 100% over list is laughable. We will remember. Springfield we are very disappointed in this release. You should be ashamed.
You know Springfield isn’t selling them at over MSRP—Springfield doesn’t sell ANY firearms to the general public.

They sell them to suppliers, who may or may not raise the price over dealer list…and sell them to dealers.

The dealers, however—THEY can charge whatever they want.

And people who do find one can resell it for whatever they want.

Blaming Springfield for the pricing once it leaves them is simply ignorant.

Capitalism at its best. I am fully aware the SA does not sell direct to public. However discouraging the price gouging would be nice. Yes some dealers sell at msrp and kudos to them. But paying 100% over msrp (Grab A Gun) is a joke. If you are desperate enough to buy one at that price I feel sorry for you. I won't so more guns for you to buy at inflated prices. Have fun.

Capitalism at its best. I am fully aware the SA does not sell direct to public. However discouraging the price gouging would be nice. Yes some dealers sell at msrp and kudos to them. But paying 100% over msrp (Grab A Gun) is a joke. If you are desperate enough to buy one at that price I feel sorry for you. I won't so more guns for you to buy at inflated prices. Have fun.
Yeah…I’m happy with my FN Herstal made Mk2 & Mk3 Hi Powers.

But I think it’s cute you believe SA can control what happens to them once they leave.

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled "SA-35 Review: Dissecting Springfield’s New Pistol" and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/sa-35-review-dissecting-springfields-new-pistol/.

I bought this gun, but have been having unexpected issues. It is now back at Springfield for the second time.

Rob, that's a lovely write-up. That's what I wanted, and I expect I'll get mine back in a week or two. I do have a question on the. review - there is a photo of a b-8 target bull, with the gun under it, and a very tight group. What distance was this target shot at? Also, a bit further down on the same target, there is another hole. My question is what size groups is a good shooter likely to get at 25 yards? My reason for buying the gun was target shooting. I know the gun is capable for a lot of things, but what I am interested in is precision and accuracy.

I'll post again after I get my gun back. I'm pretty sure they will correct whatever is causing my problems (first target = great, third target = good, and fifth and more target the holes are splattered all over the backing board - which should be impossible. It's very repeatable, which means they should find what's wrong and fix it quickly.)

Back