testtest

SA-35 ---WHEN??

Hello All,
I just have to ask --- Is there any chance that production & guaranteed fixes will soon put the SA-35 out in the marketplace so we can See & Buy a Great & Trustworthy SA-35 soon??
I have yet to even see one let alone hold one.
Hopeful!!!

It's been in the marketplace all year. Check with your LGS's and/or Gunbroker.

Contact Springfield Armory about guaranteed fixes.

Hello All,
I just have to ask --- Is there any chance that production & guaranteed fixes will soon put the SA-35 out in the marketplace so we can See & Buy a Great & Trustworthy SA-35 soon??
I have yet to even see one let alone hold one.
Hopeful!!!
if you find one, check the serial number. mine is over 6400.

that's NOT a guarantee there'll be no issues, but i started a thread the other day on mine, and just over 500 rds of no troubles.

i suggest NOT buying one new or used, if the serial number is below 6,000

at 3 of my LGS's, they are hard to find, cuz every time one comes in, it goes out faster.

I live in Western Colorado and in Grand Junction (even Cabela's), Delta, & Montrose none of our LGS's have gotten any??? I Guess we're way out of the real world?? They pretty much tell the same stories "DON'T HAVE - DON"T KNOW!
I know one thing - I won't pay "PRICE GOUGERS"!
so I guess I'll keep looking - Thanks you all for the replies

I live in Western Colorado and in Grand Junction (even Cabela's), Delta, & Montrose none of our LGS's have gotten any??? I Guess we're way out of the real world?? They pretty much tell the same stories "DON'T HAVE - DON"T KNOW!
If the SA-35 is unobtanium in your area, there's always the Girsan MCP35.

I would hold my breath when it comes to Cabelas. (n)

Try to see if your "non-big box" LGSs has distributors that have the MCP35 (BHP Mk. III near-clone).

If you're curious on the MCP35 prices check GB.

believe it or not, even my large LGS buys from Gunbroker, i know, i have maybe 3 guns that have the Gunbroker sticker on them.

i suggest maybe trying that and make a cash offer to the seller. (at or ever so slightly below MSRP, which is what I DID)

i have done THAT , and got a gun, off auction, for the price i offered, and NO credit card fee's, and back then, NO state sales taxes...but Gunbroker NOW collects sales taxes. it was also shipped for the usual price back then as well, to my FFL. the sale was between me and the gun store, (Gunbroker couldn't do anything about it, as they did not know, since it was a private email)

it was a very highly rated seller (gun store) that had the gun up for auction.

if you go that route, and email the seller, the seller WILL NOT communicate with you, while the auction is going. but I WAS contacted via email the next day, he gave me his phone number, and the deal was made.

if you find out the seller's website, like i did, he WILL contact you when the auction is over.

it's a sale for him, either way...

good luck

There's always the Girsan MCP35.

I would hold my breath when it comes to Cabelas.

Try to see if your "non-big box" LGSs can access the MCP35 (BHP Mk. III near-clone).
this is true, many smaller guns stores, like where i got my RIA .22 from, go online, find it for you and get it.

Not what we expect from Springfield... and no ambi safety??? What right-handed marketing wog decided that???
Manufacturers sweat over 5¢ in order to hit a price point and I suspect that may figure into the reason there's no ambi safety. However, you can easily add one:
IMG_1914.jpeg
IMG_1911.jpeg
IMG_1913.jpeg

Mike

Exactly.. they're better High Powers... SA-35s should at least be equivalent
BTW - The T/C series BHPs didn't have ambi safeties from the factory, so SA replicated that configuration when they re-engineered things when coming up with the SA-35.

BTW2 - Even the Tisas & Girsans replicas aren't equivalent to the original.

While which original BHP model is better is up for debate, the Post-93 Mk. III, with the cast frame, are considered the strongest BHPs.

SA made their SA-35 to a certain spec & price point. As mentioned earlier if you want a better SA-35 send it to BHSS, or another custom BHP gunsmith.

BTW - The T/C series BHPs didn't have ambi safeties from the factory, so SA replicated that configuration when they re-engineered things when coming up with the SA-35.

BTW2 - Even the Tisas & Girsans replicas aren't equivalent to the original.

While which original BHP model is better is up for debate, the Post-93 Mk. III, with the cast frame, are considered the strongest BHPs.

SA made their SA-35 to a certain spec & price point. As mentioned earlier if you want a better SA-35 send it to BHSS, or another custom BHP gunsmith.
This is very similar to when people begged Colt for decades for decent features for the 1911 (decent sights, flared mag well, decent trigger, ambi safety, frame checkering, etc) that cost an additional $1000 at a gunsmith. Colt was deaf. Kimber, on the other hand, listened and created the CDP line. All you needed and since it was all done at volume and not custom, affordable. Springfield needs to listen. They've taken the BHP most of the way... they're almost there.

This is very similar to when people begged Colt for decades for decent features for the 1911 (decent sights, flared mag well, decent trigger, ambi safety, frame checkering, etc) that cost an additional $1000 at a gunsmith. Colt was deaf. Kimber, on the other hand, listened and created the CDP line. All you needed and since it was all done at volume and not custom, affordable. Springfield needs to listen. They've taken the BHP most of the way... they're almost there.
The pistols are sold out almost everywhere they go, so exactly why does Springfield "need to listen"? Because you desire it?

I am sure with all of the different models of 1911 with and without custom features they make, that if they perceive a profitable market for such features, they will be added.

Everything starts somewhere. They created a new product line with thier basic features, likely allowing room for later line growth, perhaps in similar manner to thier 1911 lines. That is if the product went over well. And it would seem that even without custom features they sell very well.

They are a very profitable company after all, and that's why they are in business.

Back