testtest

SA-35 ---WHEN??

The pistols are sold out almost everywhere they go, so exactly why does Springfield "need to listen"? Because you desire it?

I am sure with all of the different models of 1911 with and without custom features they make, that if they perceive a profitable market for such features, they will be added.

Everything starts somewhere. They created a new product line with thier basic features, likely allowing room for later line growth, perhaps in similar manner to thier 1911 lines. That is if the product went over well. And it would seem that even without custom features they sell very well.

They are a very profitable company after all, and that's why they are in business.
There's a reason that later BHPs have ambi safeties... and there's a booming business with custom gunsmiths... because combat handguns need them... as you righties injure your right hands and arms every now and then (and watching you try to do things lefthanded is comical)... but go ahead and be obtuse about that... I'm sure the extra time is takes you to figure out how to get to a safety on the wrong side won't take you too long... And right now, I'd say damn few are shipping... just three are on gunbroker... so the "selling every one" argument is because of the trickle

There's a reason that later BHPs have ambi safeties... and there's a booming business with custom gunsmiths... because combat handguns need them... as you righties injure your right hands and arms every now and then (and watching you try to do things lefthanded is comical)... but go ahead and be obtuse about that... I'm sure the extra time is takes you to figure out how to get to a safety on the wrong side won't take you too long... And right now, I'd say damn few are shipping... just three are on gunbroker... so the "selling every one" argument is because of the trickle

Well since you want to get personal, that was not being obtuse as you so eloquently put it. I was being practical, businesses tend to do things in a manner which is best for thier bottom line. You however did sound exceedingly petulant and self important, they must listen. One could practically see you stamping your foot.

When bringing out a new product it is sometimes done so in a somewhat basic format for several reasons. First to find out if thier market analysis was right, the item will sell. Then they can find what options are truly wanted by customer feedback. Then they can sell the upgraded item to those who desire them, hopefully it being thier second purchase having bought the first model.

And, I am not one if "you righties" I happen to be left eyed dominant ambidextrous trained.

Last edited:
Well since you want to get personal, that was not being obtuse as you so eloquently put it. I was being practical, businesses tend to do things in a manner which is best for thier bottom line. You however did sound exceedingly petulant and self important, they must listen. One could practically see you stamping your foot.

When bringing out a new product it is sometimes done so in a somewhat basic format for several reasons. First to find out if thier market analysis was right, the item will sell. Then they can find what options are truly wanted by customer feedback. Then they can sell the upgraded item to those who desire them, hopefully it being thier second purchase having bought the first model.

And, I am not one if "you righties" I happen to be left eyed dominant ambidextrous trained.
Triggered? ha ha ha Just pointing out the obvious... that you choose to ignore.. that their marketing ignores left-handed shooters and right handed shooters that won't carry one without an ambi safety... and that many people are not going to buy one if they have to add on aftermarket parts to make them what they should have been (and what competitors are shipping) from the factory. Now do you have any rationalizations why they aren't shipping?

Triggered? ha ha ha Just pointing out the obvious... that you choose to ignore.. that their marketing ignores left-handed shooters and right handed shooters that won't carry one without an ambi safety... and that many people are not going to buy one if they have to add on aftermarket parts to make them what they should have been (and what competitors are shipping) from the factory. Now do you have any rationalizations why they aren't shipping?

Well, other than yourself I have seen few people say they will not buy one due to the lack of ambi safety. The biggest complaint, purchase wise, seems to be finding one. When they are found most that are interested snap them up as fast as they can. No matter the safety.

Your assumption that they are not shipping may or may not have validity, have not heard thier numbers. They do however contain major parts from Turkey, which may play into supply chain issues right now.

Hello All,
I just have to ask --- Is there any chance that production & guaranteed fixes will soon put the SA-35 out in the marketplace so we can See & Buy a Great & Trustworthy SA-35 soon??
I have yet to even see one let alone hold one.
Hopeful!!!
I would love to get a SA-35, however, most sites that have one for sale are charging hundreds of dollars over MSRP and i refuse to pay 75% over MSRP for any firearm.

Having said that, FN just released the new High Power with some serious upgrades.

And, I believe it is Girsan that has also released a version of the High Power. The Girsan MC P35 for an MSRP of about $500.

He does do a comparison of the SA-35 against the new FN High Power. Including the mentioning of the price difference. While SA has an MSRP of $700, FN has an MSRP of about $1300. But, considering that most web sites are charging about $1200 for the SA-35, it's about even.

Well, other than yourself I have seen few people say they will not buy one due to the lack of ambi safety. The biggest complaint, purchase wise, seems to be finding one. When they are found most that are interested snap them up as fast as they can. No matter the safety.

Your assumption that they are not shipping may or may not have validity, have not heard thier numbers. They do however contain major parts from Turkey, which may play into supply chain issues right now.
Tim, from Military Arms Channel, just did a review of the new FN High Power. It has ambi-slide stop and I believe Ambi-Safety. It's a bit pricey, but with the gun dealers charging premiums for the SA35, it would probably be a wash. The downside of the New FN is that the parts and magazines are NOT interchangable.

It's been in the marketplace all year. Check with your LGS's and/or Gunbroker.

Contact Springfield Armory about guaranteed fixes.
This is silly. It hasn’t been in the marketplace all year. A few were made and they were sold by people gouging at auction sites. Obviously they stopped production many months ago and have a huge issue.

Sig introduced their new P365X Macro, and a week later you could buy one, at MSRP or below, like any other Sig.

My guess is the new SA Prodigy DS won’t take a year to buy either. Sad that SA couldn’t just come clean and be honest.

This is silly. It hasn’t been in the marketplace all year. A few were made and they were sold by people gouging at auction sites. Obviously they stopped production many months ago and have a huge issue.
While SA has needed to address some issues with the SA-35, it's been out on the marketplace all this year. You're entitled to your opinion regardless how uninformed you appear to be.

There are other options out there, like the Girsan or an original if you're not happy with the availability of the SA-35.

Good Luck.

While SA has needed to address some issues with the SA-35, it's been out on the marketplace all this year. You're entitled to your opinion regardless how uninformed you appear to be.

There are other options out there, like the Girsan or an original if you're not happy with the availability of the SA-35.

Good Luck.
Define out in the marketplace. There’s 10 million people in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex and enough gun stores to keep everyone happy, yet I haven’t seen a single SA-35 in any LGS I’ve visited. Meanwhile Sig, Walther, S&W, et al, keep introducing new products and bringing them to market in number. Hopefully the Prodigy will help restore some good will to Springfield.

I agree, SA either mis-read the market for a new, well engineered, P35 or just couldn't make enough of them. (For some reason) FN decided to jump back on the band wagon with their own new P35. I believe they had been planning this for a while, it wasn't just slapped together.
I wanted one for a while, and I've never seen one, in the wild, I really prefer a DA/SA, like a P226. I'm no longer in the market for a P35, of any flavor. I have 3 Sig P226's, 2 in 9mm and 1 in 40/357. So a SAO 9mm would be a novelty not a real good choice. A P226ST would be my choice.

Define out in the marketplace. There’s 10 million people in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex and enough gun stores to keep everyone happy, yet I haven’t seen a single SA-35 in any LGS I’ve visited. Meanwhile Sig, Walther, S&W, et al, keep introducing new products and bringing them to market in number. Hopefully the Prodigy will help restore some good will to Springfield.
Exactly. To say it’s “in the marketplace” is disingenuous.

The example I used is a good one. Sig released the P365X Macro a few weeks ago. I can go today…and buy one. I might have to drive a few minutes but I can buy one at a FFL or online on one of the sites like PSA. And not for double the MSRP.

Exactly. To say it’s “in the marketplace” is disingenuous.

The example I used is a good one. Sig released the P365X Macro a few weeks ago. I can go today…and buy one. I might have to drive a few minutes but I can buy one at a FFL or online on one of the sites like PSA. And not for double the MSRP.
It's not "disingenuous" at all. Some folks just don't understand how the system works, and that SA-35 has only produced a few thousand so far.

The marketplace means the USA as a whole which the SA-35 has been seen & bought through LGS via large distributors & also online like GB.

Just because the SA-35 hasn't shown up in your local area is the result of your locals not being in line with the distributors for unknown reasons.

I haven't seen one in any of my LGS either, but I know of one guy who got one because he got it off an on-line source

Based on reports there are upwards of 3-4,000 SA-35 serial numbers out there. Either you gents don't live in an area where distributors have sent them to LGSs; and/or if some do arrive, they are bought before you know it, or you refuse to look hard enough on-line to find a distributor like Reeds, Davidsons, etc. that might have one before they disappear there.

And most important of all Springfield Armory only has so many in the production line and/or production capability due to supply chain issues that are occurring.

Some companies push inventory out the door & have it in the real world on Day #1, and other make an announcement with little or no product out there, and let thing dribble out the door. Once SA announced the SA-35 a few were out there (GB etc.) but then they dried up. So, they were in the marketplace on Day #1 but in miniscue numbers because folks bought them.

If you can't understand all that I can't help you. I suggest you contact Springfield Armory for their perspective.

Last edited:
It's not "disingenuous" at all. Some folks just don't understand how the system works, and that SA-35 has only produced a few thousand so far.

The marketplace means the USA as a whole which the SA-35 has been seen & bought through LGS via large distributors & also online like GB.

Just because the SA-35 hasn't shown up in your local area is the result of your locals not being in line with the distributors for unknown reasons.

I haven't seen one in any of my LGS either, but I know of one guy who got one because he got it off an on-line source

Based on reports there are upwards of 3-4,000 SA-35 serial numbers out there. Either you gents don't live in an area where distributors have sent them to LGSs; and/or if some do arrive, they are bought before you know it, or you refuse to look hard enough on-line to find a distributor like Reeds, Davidsons, etc. that might have one before they disappear there.

And most important of all Springfield Armory only has so many in the production line and/or production capability due to supply chain issues that are occurring.

Some companies push inventory out the door & have it in the real world on Day #1, and other make an announcement with little or no product out there, and let thing dribble out the door. Once SA announced the SA-35 a few were out there (GB etc.) but then they dried up. So, they were in the marketplace on Day #1 but in miniscue numbers because folks bought them.

If you can't understand all that I can't help you. I suggest you contact Springfield Armory for their perspective.

It’s been 11 months. If they’ve only produced a few thousand units in that time, then you’re making my case for me. Not sure why you’re defending them. Do you work for SA?

And I have called SA and the answer I got was very general and non-specific.

It’s been 11 months. If they’ve only produced a few thousand units in that time, then you’re making my case for me. Not sure why you’re defending them. Do you work for SA?

And I have called SA and the answer I got was very general and non-specific.
No, I don't work for SA nor am I defending SA. I just know how the industry works.

You're calling me a liar based on why the SA-35 isn't available wherever you live is out of line here.

You haven't been satisfied by my simple explanations, and nor getting what you want out when you called SA brings us to the next stage.

So, I think it's time we bring the mods (@xdman @10mmLife @OkiePewPew @KLGunner) into this conversation since they represent SA on this website and should know how to answer your questions regarding SA-35 availability.

No, I don't work for SA nor am I defending SA. I just know how the industry works.

You're calling me a liar based on why the SA-35 isn't available wherever you live is out of line here.

You haven't been satisfied by my simple explanations, and nor getting what you want out when you called SA brings us to the next stage.

So, I think it's time we bring the mods (@xdman @10mmLife @OkiePewPew @KLGunner) into this conversation since they represent SA on this website and should know how to answer your questions regarding SA-35 availability.
Honestly, if that was the case wouldn’t we have had answers before now? There have been plenty of threads positing what is going on with the SA-35 and to the best of my knowledge there has been no statement from anyone with “insider information” even remotely addressing what Springfield is doing with the SA-35. There has been nothing but speculation here, or on any other forum I frequent.

I really don't have a dog in this fight. As a former manufacturer, permit me to share what I believe may be happening with the SA-35's production. I have had an issue with mine that several others have documented, as well. In my case, the extractor pin hole was ever so slightly off. The 'smith said, in his opinion, it had probably happened during the CNC milling process. Now, in my 35 years of manufacturing experience, when we shipped a product that had issues, we'd get the customer to return it and our people would make the necessary repairs. This process was terribly expensive and we lost money on that transaction. We figured we'd have to manufacture six new items to dig out of the hole one problem cost us. I wouldn't be surprised if Springfield slowed or paused the production line to find out where the quality issues lurked. They brought this pistol out at a remarkably low price point and, probably, cannot remain profitable on this line without finding solutions.

Of course, I could be wrong. As my wife has pointed out, "You're rarely right and seldom in doubt.

Mike

I have not seen a SA-35 at all. Nobody can get one and they seem not to go out of their way to get one. I usually like to hold one before I purchase.

I really don't have a dog in this fight. As a former manufacturer, permit me to share what I believe may be happening with the SA-35's production. I have had an issue with mine that several others have documented, as well. In my case, the extractor pin hole was ever so slightly off. The 'smith said, in his opinion, it had probably happened during the CNC milling process. Now, in my 35 years of manufacturing experience, when we shipped a product that had issues, we'd get the customer to return it and our people would make the necessary repairs. This process was terribly expensive and we lost money on that transaction. We figured we'd have to manufacture six new items to dig out of the hole one problem cost us. I wouldn't be surprised if Springfield slowed or paused the production line to find out where the quality issues lurked. They brought this pistol out at a remarkably low price point and, probably, cannot remain profitable on this line without finding solutions.

Of course, I could be wrong. As my wife has pointed out, "You're rarely right and seldom in doubt.

Mike
The cost of shipping, parts and labor in a warranty repair
“If documented correctly” is a business right off and does not affect the company’s bottom line.
The cost of a recall is however covered by insurance and can be crushing to a company’s profit due to the increase in insurance premiums.

I was really excited about the SA- 35, but after all of this time, my fever has broken. Regardless of speculation about the whys and wherefores of insufficient numbers, I'm sure there are others who have tired of the inordinate delay. If you bought one, consider yourself lucky. At this point, you have a future collectible because few have been produced. Don't modify it, shoot it or damage it. Prices go up for rarity and condition. ;)

Back