testtest

SA V16

I started this project Aug 12th 2020.
I wanted to do something different.
I wanted to start with a base gun not everybody & his brother had.
Found a builder with the V16 NOS.
I wanted a Ferrari in a Mack truck suit.
I knew that was my ticket.
It will be here Saturday.
As much attention was paid to the internals as the external.
.45 ACP on the range, .45 Super in the woods in a chest holster
the optic is a Trijicon Rmrcc
My guy sent me some pics today and here they are...

Any scratches, smudges nicks etc is just debris, and a crappy cell camera.
1 (7).JPG

You can see the reflection of the barrel ports in the polished slide cuts. The entire pistol looks like that on the inside...
1 (11).JPG

Left the irons off. can add them later if want. Cant see the damn things anyway lol
1 (1).JPG

Reverse crowned the bull barrel. Reverse spring plug reverse crowned to match.
1 (6).JPG

1 (16).JPG

Far back as I could get it & slung low, no plate.
1 (12).JPG

The 2 piece magwell started looking worse & worse as the project progressed to the point it made my OCD sizzle so I replaced it with a one piece. Had the sides scalloped just because you dont see it everyday.
1 (3).JPG

1 (8).JPG

The grips on it are just shipping grips. These from Wood Caliber are going on it. Cocobolo with ebony inlays. Spear double diamonds. They are much darker and deeper red. The harsh light makes them look lighter than they are. They arent so shiny as they look either.
wc.jpg

That all I got, Thanks for lookin.

Thanks everyone I appreciate it. Saturday is a longgggg way off lol.
I forgot to mention that before I cut on the hard to find Springfield (especially new in the box)
I did put together my own test pistol to ride out the kinks, test some theories etc.
Wouldnt even chamber a round when I married it all together.
I could rack the whole magazine empty and it would never chamber and go to battery.
It shoots flawless now but all my hair is gone. I did all the final fitment myself.
Its a mixture of Fusion Firearms parts mostly. Their parts were at the price point and quality that I could afford to test on and make mistakes.
I gave the final version an Ed Brown 2 piece magwell/mainspring housing as well as an Eemann Tech slide stop/thumb rest.
To keep the test accurate I did convert the test pistol to fire .45 Super as well.
Definitely not our grandpas .45 lol
I got about 1,100 in the final version not counting the RMR

Here are some pics of that stuff...
The test pistol in its final setup. 50 ozs loaded with 8 rounds shoots like a .22
Long slide with the comp is 10 1/2 inches from beavertail to muzzle. Its a big pistol.
I wear it AIWB and just let it stick out my zippper. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
20210211_142246.jpg

20210124_002529.jpg

Configured a little different. Testing with the Holosun at this time.
Notice in this pic the frame has no front strap checkering.
Not acceptable!!! Especially when you run the Super
The front strap checkering in the final version is a steel insert that goes under each grip panel and wraps the front of the frame. I cant remember where I got it. Works excellent if you put a small strip of adhesive on the frame. Wont stay on long if you dont. Hard to even tell unless the lighting is just right.
Fusion Long Slide.jpg

This is the pistol and the carbine conversion unit that share the same range bag now. Flawless shooters both are .45 Super capable. With the CCU I easily shoot 12 gauge shells at 25 yards. Not the shells themselves, the brass end lol. Id say that qualifies as a tight group.
Takes 5 minutes to swap around.
Fusion Long Slide Mech Tech CCU 1.jpg

Mech Tech .45 Super CCU.jpg

Long winded but I like to be thorough lol
Thanks once again for lookin.

Thanks Everyone. I am very happy with the end results. Want to shoot it in the worst way but its 7 degrees and the wind is blowing just enough to make it brutal.. :rolleyes: The wind chill is well below zero.
Fell asleep last night watching TV in my recliner.
Wife woke me about 2 am and said...
You gonna sleep all night with that gun in your lap?
I said... Yep!!! and fell back asleep.
I dont remember it but it sounds like me. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Thanks Everyone. I am very happy with the end results. Want to shoot it in the worst way but its 7 degrees and the wind is blowing just enough to make it brutal.. :rolleyes: The wind chill is well below zero.
Fell asleep last night watching TV in my recliner.
Wife woke me about 2 am and said...
You gonna sleep all night with that gun in your lap?
I said... Yep!!! and fell back asleep.
I dont remember it but it sounds like me. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
Its a Family site, but all I could think of is this.. forgive me 😉
1617728071776.gif

I started this project Aug 12th 2020.
I wanted to do something different.
I wanted to start with a base gun not everybody & his brother had.
Found a builder with the V16 NOS.
I wanted a Ferrari in a Mack truck suit.
I knew that was my ticket.
It will be here Saturday.
As much attention was paid to the internals as the external.
.45 ACP on the range, .45 Super in the woods in a chest holster
the optic is a Trijicon Rmrcc
My guy sent me some pics today and here they are...

Any scratches, smudges nicks etc is just debris, and a crappy cell camera.
View attachment 16177

You can see the reflection of the barrel ports in the polished slide cuts. The entire pistol looks like that on the inside...
View attachment 16178

Left the irons off. can add them later if want. Cant see the damn things anyway lol
View attachment 16179

Reverse crowned the bull barrel. Reverse spring plug reverse crowned to match.
View attachment 16180

View attachment 16181

Far back as I could get it & slung low, no plate.
View attachment 16182

The 2 piece magwell started looking worse & worse as the project progressed to the point it made my OCD sizzle so I replaced it with a one piece. Had the sides scalloped just because you dont see it everyday.
View attachment 16183

View attachment 16184

The grips on it are just shipping grips. These from Wood Caliber are going on it. Cocobolo with ebony inlays. Spear double diamonds. They are much darker and deeper red. The harsh light makes them look lighter than they are. They arent so shiny as they look either.
View attachment 16185

That all I got, Thanks for lookin.
That's one of the most awesome firearms I've ever seen pictures of...:) Wow, it's beautiful in so many ways...:)

Back