testtest

Sad to hear

I wish more military personal would become POTUS! A lot better at pressure decisions!
The track record of military men who were POTUS is not impressive. Nothing grows under Bushes is an example. They also are (surprisingly) no better at managing/winning wars but like most POTUS's expert in foreign intervention and getting involved in them with no goal or exit strategy along with providing limitations/hurdles to the Pentagon.

I had respect for Powell as a military man but he was a Democrat at heart and not so well suited for political accomplishments.

I offer military men excel at their careers and politicians excel at theirs (rare); repetition here but the Pentagon and White House should have strict separation/protocol, that is the Administration/Congress declares war, states the goal, then gives it to the Pentagon/Military to fulfill while they keep their noses out of it. Troop strength, withdrawals, tactics, timing, level of power used/required are functions of the military, not civilians who are in/running for office or needing fodder for their campaigns.

My guess is that if Military men were given a mission without the stunningly ignorant limitations of politicians and void of political motive, our conflicts would be settled in a very timely and successful manner, foreign nations would take note, and foreign policy would be much more simple.

The track record of military men who were POTUS is not impressive. Nothing grows under Bushes is an example. They also are (surprisingly) no better at managing/winning wars but like most POTUS's expert in foreign intervention and getting involved in them with no goal or exit strategy along with providing limitations/hurdles to the Pentagon.

I had respect for Powell as a military man but he was a Democrat at heart and not so well suited for political accomplishments.

I offer military men excel at their careers and politicians excel at theirs (rare); repetition here but the Pentagon and White House should have strict separation/protocol, that is the Administration/Congress declares war, states the goal, then gives it to the Pentagon/Military to fulfill while they keep their noses out of it. Troop strength, withdrawals, tactics, timing, level of power used/required are functions of the military, not civilians who are in/running for office or needing fodder for their campaigns.

My guess is that if Military men were given a mission without the stunningly ignorant limitations of politicians and void of political motive, our conflicts would be settled in a very timely and successful manner, foreign nations would take note, and foreign policy would be much more simple.
I agree not all are good or can manage, but would at least take care of their own? Hopefully, especially combat veterans!

RIP ARMY.jpg

Sad news for the family. I respected him alot.

However, he got screwed over by the Bush/Cheney Admin based on the decision to go into Iraq #2.

Would have voted for him for POTUS, but he was a bit in the swamp, and didn't realize the middle-American appeal of POTUS 45. When he came out supporting Hillary & Biden (his right) I realized he was part of the swamp.

RIP.

My .02

I think Gen Powell would of been a better choice as G W Bush Jr. VP than Dick Chaney who knows he might of kept us out of 20 year war in Middle east & certainly would not allowed some 85 Billion dollars of arms & equipment to be left behind
He didn't think about running for POTUS until post-Bush #2/Cheney. Then he backed off when POTUS 44 ran.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting info Keystone,
Is sad news. Mr. Powell impressed me as a good, honorable and intelligent man from what little knew of him. World could use more people like he was. - Will never forget his rational, well placed comments about the media and Wolf Blitzer commenting on Iraq war in a kind but firm way to basically shut up and think more about ongoing events at the time and what effects those unwise comments could make to others. Am thinking the world knew who he was speaking to and who he was speaking about at the time? Mr. Powell and people like him will be sadly missed by many people. May he rest in peace.

I agree not all are good or can manage, but would at least take care of their own? Hopefully, especially combat veterans!
Not only combat veterans but all veterans; the previous administration done well at that; there has been marked improvement in efficiency, courtesy and service that I have observed since that time, nor was he a veteran.

Back