testtest

Sadly Disappointing

Just purchased a XDS Mod 2 OSP 9mm. In the box was a CTS 1500.
"Product Installation And Mounting. The CTS-1500 series sight is compatible with most accessories and interfaces based on the pattern shown below. It is recommended that an experienced gun smith verify this products fit prior to making any permanent modifications to your firearm".
1. I understand that this CT will fit other firearms. Could "somebody" include specific instructions on the installation of this site which is the only site that you can purchase this way.
No instructions on what size torx screws you need to remove and replace the mounting plate. No recommendations on how tight I should secure the site to the slide. Should I could I use loctite?
I'm not an expert on this subject but need help with any advice one could share.
Just saying.....

Just purchased a XDS Mod 2 OSP 9mm. In the box was a CTS 1500.
"Product Installation And Mounting. The CTS-1500 series sight is compatible with most accessories and interfaces based on the pattern shown below. It is recommended that an experienced gun smith verify this products fit prior to making any permanent modifications to your firearm".
1. I understand that this CT will fit other firearms. Could "somebody" include specific instructions on the installation of this site which is the only site that you can purchase this way.
No instructions on what size torx screws you need to remove and replace the mounting plate. No recommendations on how tight I should secure the site to the slide. Should I could I use loctite?
I'm not an expert on this subject but need help with any advice one could share.
Just saying.....
If the CTS-1500 came with the gun call Springfield CS First thing Monday morning, they will get you setup with instructions.

It looks to me that all the instructions you need are in the manual (below). Remove the torx screws holding the plate in place, Seat the red dot using the screws provided. They say Loctite is optional, but I would recommend blue loctite. Hand tighten. You don’t need a torque wrench. I’ve installed many red dots on my pistols and it is far from rocket science. You will not screw your gun up. Don’t get loctite on the red dot window. It happens.

Last edited:
It looks to me that all the instructions you need are in the manual (below). Remove the torx screws holding the plate in place, Seat the red dot using the screws provided. They say Loctite is optional, but I would recommend blue loctite. Hand tighten. You don’t need a torque wrench. I’ve installed many red dots on my pistols and it is far from rocket science. You will not screw your gun up. Don’t get loctite on the red dot window. It happens.

The procedure and size screw needed are listed in manual, but torque limit spec and TORX wrench size needed are not listed.

NOTE:
See the thread protrusion underneath mounting position and thread locker precautions, they are important to check for good safe operation and function.

On TORX drivers, a common bit driver with interchangeable TORX bits (T-bits) may come in handy for this and other projects and should cover many future bases? - is a good tool to have on hand anyways? With blue thread locker it's best to let project set for 24 hours before actual use to eliminate loosening issues. 6", 8", 10", 12" and sometimes 15" pounds are typical torque settings for many optics. It doesn't take much torque or pressure. Inch pounds are important, but are also minimal pressure or tightness. Inch pounds don't need wracking or much pressure.

Some people just snug up optic screws hand tight w/o over doing it using thread locker and mounting is usually fine.

I appreciate all your comments and help.
I'm gonna reach out to SA CS tomorrow
I want to do this "right" and "once".
Thanks again

Is understandable. Cover bases.
SA's customer service is some of the best out there.
On bright side, when watching videos and after reading comments, you'll likely know much of what to expect too?

Couldn't locate much specifics even on CT's website or other sites either. Can see why you have questions. - A separate instructional sheet could've solved the issues before they began?

Thanks Bob...I'm computer literate and searched many options before posting. I appreciate the vast knowledge that most members have and their precipitation in offering help to all.

Thanks Bob...I'm computer literate and searched many options before posting. I appreciate the vast knowledge that most members have and their precipitation in offering help to all.

You're welcome Equalizer,
Figured you were likely PC literate after finding out what did while looking around too. Never know though sometimes, there's varying degrees of most things?

I do what can for myself before asking for help too. So, from that, was understandable on your question. And, some of it unfortunately after the fact of searching and finding little specifics where normally should be able to? :)

Thanks, are many good knowledgeable people here, but we're not always in chat mode for one reason or another. If we can't help for some reason, we're likely to point someone in a good or better direction though. SA's CS is very good on most things. Am sure you'll get their attention and good results from them. Their customer Service contact? Calling them is best and most effective currently. Their number: 1 800 680 6866

Back