testtest

SAINT 5.56 B5: What sling fixture attaches to B5 Buttstock hole?

lifebird

Alpha
Hey All,
As I await the arrival of my new SAINT B5 (2 more weeks), I am gathering necessary items.
(a) Need to know about the small circular hole in the butt-stock (see my image attached).
(b) Also looking for recommendations for which SLING? (c) should I replace the A2 front site with a fold-down model?
Thank you.
Stay safe and thank God for the 2nd amendment,
TB

Attachments

• Saint B5 Buttstock hole.png
    Saint B5 Buttstock hole.png
    426.1 KB · Views: 1,804
Hey All,
As I await the arrival of my new SAINT B5 (2 more weeks), I am gathering necessary items.
(a) Need to know about the small circular hole in the butt-stock (see my image attached).
(b) Also looking for recommendations for which SLING? (c) should I replace the A2 front site with a fold-down model?
Thank you.
Stay safe and thank God for the 2nd amendment,
TB
It's for a qd sling attachment. I'm not a big magpul fan, but I think the g3 is a good 1? Some will give you a 2 and 1 point attachment within 1 sling. With the qd mounted it will have a short lead for a second point.

It’s for a QD attachment. Buy the QD mount and a QD swivel. Ditto for the front. They make QD mounts for MLok that will mount to your hand guard. Very handy for taking the sling off to use for other rifles or for cleaning.
I have a Magpul MS-1 which is a good sling, but my favorite is the Blue Force Gear Padded Vickers. I have no use for a 1 point sling. They tend to slap you in the junk when you’re walking.

It's for a qd sling attachment. I'm not a big magpul fan, but I think the g3 is a good 1? Some will give you a 2 and 1 point attachment within 1 sling. With the qd mounted it will have a short lead for a second point.
Thanks for the advice. It gets me going in the right direction!

It’s for a QD attachment. Buy the QD mount and a QD swivel. Ditto for the front. They make QD mounts for MLok that will mount to your hand guard. Very handy for taking the sling off to use for other rifles or for cleaning.
I have a Magpul MS-1 which is a good sling, but my favorite is the Blue Force Gear Padded Vickers. I have no use for a 1 point sling. They tend to slap you in the junk when you’re walking.
Thanks Bob. Great advice. QD direct to hand guard ... is that without a rail?

The QD attachment will pop into that hole in the buttstock. Up front the Saint will have an oval ring attached at the end of the hand guard under the front site. You can add an MLOK QD receiver to the handguard if you don’t want to use the ring.

Thanks Bob. Great advice. QD direct to hand guard ... is that without a rail?

They make adapters for pic rails, but the MLok mounts ( MLok) will mount directly to the handguard into one of the MLok holes. This gives you the option of locating the forward sling mount to your own preference. I am not much at all familiar with the Saint so I don't know anything about the forward sling mount already attached to the handguard.

A couple things. I don't know how familiar you are with slings on ARs or really any other style than slung over the shoulder like a deer hunting rifle, but there are a lot of different ways to run the sling and you'll have to experiment a little to figure out what you like. Personally I prefer the rear ( butt) sling mount to either be located on the opposite side as the forward mount or strung through the long slit and ran across the back of the stock. The latter option being a better choice for an AR than a shotgun or something with heavy recoil as the nylon strap riding between your shoulder and the buttstock could be uncomfortable for some. What it does is allow the sling to lay straight and natural for the rifle to lay across your chest.

As for slings, I have found that the lighter Magpul MS-1, MS-4 etc. works well for ARs as they are very light rifles, but there are better options for heavier weapons. Like the aforementioned BFG Padded Vickers. In any case I suggest a quality sling, not a $13 Amazon sling. And I suggest one with the quick adjust strap. It makes adjusting your sling from carry position to shooting position instantaneous. If you Google BFG Vickers 2 point sling you will see what I'm talking about.

Single point, 2 point or 3 point are all viable options and every one has it's advantages and disadvantages. One of my best friends is a combat marine veteran who did 2 tours ( Afghanistan and Iraq), saw lots of action and was blown up twice. He ain't right in the head, but he never was. Other than that he walked away without a scratch. He prefers 3 point. My other buddy did 3 tours in the same region for the US Army and he prefers single point. Most other people I know prefer 2 point. And as someone else mentioned there are convertible slings.

Back