testtest

Saint Optics Question

Not sure if a time else has stated this or not, by an AR15 armorers kit. Can be bought on amazon for 15-20 all you need is the correct size punch. Purchase a new gas block, low profile if going under hand guard, adjustable if you want. Remove muzzle device, Punch pin out of A2 site it connects the gas tube to the gas block that is integral to the site, and punch out larger pin that holds site to the barrel. Slide new gas block on pin to gas tube and barrel. Add whatever site you want. Takes all of about 10 min to do it. Mine is not a saint but a Ruger that started life with an A2 post site and standard hand guard.
97614973-2D44-408B-B0FB-A56F893AC5FA.jpeg

You can mount a Sig Sauer ROMEO5 red dot with the 1.41" mount on your Saint and be able to use both the red dot and the open sights at the same time if you flip up the rear sight.
So i just bought a Saint thats equipped with the A2 front sight. I love the gun but was planning on buying a scope for it. My question is will the front sight be visible through the scope? or would a mil dot be better? i wish i could just take the A2 off and change it to a flip down front sight but as I understand it, the A2 is part of the gas system and you can’t just take it off. Im also a first time gun owner so any help or advice would be appreciated View attachment 4015View attachment 4015
I have the same rifle and mounted a ROMEO5 red dot. With the 1.41 inch mount you can use either the red dot or the open sights (known as co-witnessing). The red dot appears just above the front sight when it is turned on. When shooting at longer ranges such as 100 yards, you need to make sure that the intensity (brightness) of the red dot is turned down or you will have trouble seeing the bull's eye. If you are serious about 200 yard targets, you would probably be better off with a scope. The nice feature about the Sig Sauer ROMEO5 is that the red dot is motion sensitive; consequently, it shuts off automatically when there is no movement but comes back on when there is movement. That means you can turn it on and put it in your storage area but it will illuminate automatically when you take it out.

Back