testtest

Saint Pistols, reasonable operational range.

AABigRick

Operator
Hello all, I recently fell back into the shooting hobby pretty hard. Lots of new stuff out there, or stuff that I am not familiar with.

When looking at a platform like a Saint Pistol, what is the reasonable operational range of an AR style pistol like this. I know this is going to vary some due to different calibers, but I have never shot a gun with a barrel length between a standard pistol and a full sized AR. I am looking at these questions from a standpoint of defense or combat operations, not just taking your time at the range with unlimited time between shots.

Are we looking at the reasonable operations shooting 50-100 yards. Stretching it out further with optics? 100 yard max due to short barrel? Sweet spot for operations 50 yards and under?

Again, this is new to me. No I am not buying one anytime soon. Just looking for some general responses to the operational abilities.

Thanks.

I’ve never had problems getting consistent hits on a 6” gong at 200yds with a 10.5” barrel 556 pistol; 2MOA red dot (Aimpoint PRO)...and that was fairly rapid fire, shifting between 3-4 gongs...maybe 2-3 seconds, max, between shots, “barricade” position braced against a post.

My buddy doesn’t do nearly as well with his 7.5” SBR in 556, though...but can get hits.

100 yards is easy to hit center chest on a silhouette offhand with my 10.5...

I’ve never had problems getting consistent hits on a 6” gong at 200yds with a 10.5” barrel 556 pistol; 2MOA red dot (Aimpoint PRO)...and that was fairly rapid fire, shifting between 3-4 gongs...maybe 2-3 seconds, max, between shots, “barricade” position braced against a post.

My buddy doesn’t do nearly as well with his 7.5” SBR in 556, though...but can get hits.

100 yards is easy to hit center chest on a silhouette offhand with my 10.5...

Cool, is that red dot magnified? I dont know much about red dots or optics Ive only shot ARs with steel sights. Only optics Ive ever used are hunting scopes on deer rifles.

Got it thanks. Sounds like a pretty effective platform.
Here is the range chart from Federal on their 5.56x45 round.
As Hans said, I also have no issue with my AR pistol out to 100-200yrds as well.
F6C5EA8D-6FDD-4ECA-9260-09F8D1065DD4.jpeg

I am getting the same results as Hans with both my Saint Pistols, one is the Victor in 300BO the other is the Saint Edge in 5.56, no magnification on either one just red dot.

Back