testtest

Saint Victor .308 Firing Issue

I had just purchased a new .308 St Victor. Mounted up the red- dot and finally bring it out to the field to get some time on the rifle. I load a mag in and chamber a round.. Squeeze that trigger for the first time and …. The worst sound ever to hear Click. I proceeded to eject that round and move to chamber a new one, This point the Round does not eject and a double feed now happens.. I cleared the round, and mag. I repeated this 3 times and the rifle would not fire the round and i wound up with the same scenario each time.. ( yea the safety was off)

Anyone know what the issue could be with this.. ?

I spoke to someone a year ago who i remember telling me about the same problem with a Saint ( on a AR-15 556 platform.)

is this a known problem with A Saint? this is my first Springfield AR.

I had just purchased a new .308 St Victor. Mounted up the red- dot and finally bring it out to the field to get some time on the rifle. I load a mag in and chamber a round.. Squeeze that trigger for the first time and …. The worst sound ever to hear Click. I proceeded to eject that round and move to chamber a new one, This point the Round does not eject and a double feed now happens.. I cleared the round, and mag. I repeated this 3 times and the rifle would not fire the round and i wound up with the same scenario each time.. ( yea the safety was off)

Anyone know what the issue could be with this.. ?

I spoke to someone a year ago who i remember telling me about the same problem with a Saint ( on a AR-15 556 platform.)

is this a known problem with A Saint? this is my first Springfield AR.
What ammo ?
Did you try different ammo ?

Did you field strip and clean then possibly not assemble to specs ?

Try diff mag ?

Could be any number of scenario's.

My M1A and Victor .308 dont like certain ammo. What you describe happened to my M1A. Switched ammo and it ran like a champ ever since

Send it to Springfield.
I am Just curious. Does it have dual or single ejectors on the bolt carrier group?
I am Not saying that this will solve your problem but something to consider.

Last edited:
Back