testtest

Saint victor 308.

So do most of you who own the SV shoot with scoped sights, “dot type” sights or open sights? I have been wondering if a little more magazine capacity would be a good move.

And what is a pencil barrel? I guess I have been out in the woods too long :).
As for Mag capacity on a SV, I have the 50 rd Magpul drum. Fun, but heavy as 💩.

I found I like the 20 rd mags. Good balance between capacity and weight.
If deer hunting, I use a 10 round mag, as it saves weight and I’ll only need 1 or 2 shots anyways. (Unless a few hogs wander in 😉)

I prefer scoped for .308 rifles.
The .308 has good range to it ballistically.
A nice low powered optic or straight optic is my preference. I used a red dot and found it to be lacking with my eyes for 100 yards +.

I use a mix of 1x6, 1x8 and 3x9(trad deer scope style) on my various .308 platforms.

If plinking, or targets, I would suggest a 1x6 / 1x8.
If hunting, / target maybe a more traditional scope style for game animals that my be further out. Say a deer on the far side of a 200yrd pasture.
Just got an Athlon 2-12x42 for the Cross. For a 16” .308, I think it’s going to be perfect.

Played with it a bit off the rifle, I’m fairly impressed with it; think it’s going to be good bang for the buck. Clear optics, good focus, FFP Illuminated reticle…for just over $500.

I prefer scoped for .308 rifles.
The .308 has good range to it ballistically.
A nice low powered optic or straight optic is my preference. I used a red dot and found it to be lacking with my eyes for 100 yards +.

I use a mix of 1x6, 1x8 and 3x9(trad deer scope style) on my various .308 platforms.

If plinking, or targets, I would suggest a 1x6 / 1x8.
If hunting, / target maybe a more traditional scope style for game animals that my be further out. Say a deer on the far side of a 200yrd pasture.
Thanks, Killer!

So do most of you who own the SV shoot with scoped sights, “dot type” sights or open sights? I have been wondering if a little more magazine capacity would be a good move.

And what is a pencil barrel? I guess I have been out in the woods too long :).
I use a vortex 1x8 strike eagle and can hit eggs at 100 all day. In my opinion the two are a perfect match. You can't go wrong on a 1x8 with Victor 308. Use primary arms 3x on Victor 556. Perfect set up.

I use a vortex 1x8 strike eagle and can hit eggs at 100 all day. In my opinion the two are a perfect match. You can't go wrong on a 1x8 with Victor 308. Use primary arms 3x on Victor 556. Perfect set up.
Twenty rounders are enough. If you can't stop threat with them then you need a hail merry. Plus anything else gets heavy. Try carrying around six twenty round mags plus other **** .

Does any body know if the sv 308 barrel is made in house at springfield or is from another source?
"Made in" can mean different things.

Unless SA has barrel-making machinery then they likely source the barrels from another company that makes the barrels to SA's specs. There are not a lot of primary firearms companies that make their own barrels.

Note: FN requires companies that use their barrels to either acknowledge they're using FN barrels, or accept the barrels stamped as FN made.

Also, there are only a handful of companies that make their own AR receivers. Like above, companies source those from others that specialize in making receivers for other primary companies.

"Made in" can also mean that the firearm was assembled in the US but with parts from various sources.

Last edited:
Back