testtest

Saint Victor B5 Dust Cover not properly closing, any ideas?

^ It's just one way out of many ways.

As Albrecht noted just a few seconds into the video, this method itself is a cheat for those who don't want to take off the delta ring or handguard, and will not work with receivers that either has a blind hole for the dust cover rod or where the FA housing is atypical and blocks the path of the rod.

^ It's just one way out of many ways.

As Albrecht noted just a few seconds into the video, this method itself is a cheat for those who don't want to take off the delta ring or handguard, and will not work with receivers that either has a blind hole for the dust cover rod or where the FA housing is atypical and blocks the path of the rod.
Many ways ? Isn't there only two, both of which require removal of the c clip.

Thanks. Unfortunately doing what Springfield told me to do hitting with a rubber mallet and cloth covering the dust cover as not to mark it I created a small ding in the receiver where the plunger hits the receiver. It does close with a good whack. I made several of these whacks closings every time but will not close with normal hand pressure. At this point, I will just live with the ding in my receiver and use a flat edge to close. I realize you do not have to close the dust cover but again with a new high-priced gun it should.
I make sure the dust cover is closed after cleaning and oiling before it’s put away. At the range it’s open.

Many ways ? Isn't there only two, both of which require removal of the c clip.

^ There are doors out there that don't involve a clip, IIRC.

But yup, that's still only three, and it's still either towards the muzzle or back towards the FA. 😅 I guess three was my idea of many. :ROFLMAO:

But let's not forget also that there's more destructive ways, too. :ROFLMAO: Although I don't think we really should be counting those!

So I did get out the micrometer and do a little measuring and comparing. The rifles are my SA ar10 compared to my Ruger ar15. I know the action/dustcover is a little longer the height dimensions appear to be the same.

#1, the top of the Pin housing to the edge of the dust cover is approx. 0.003 closer to the edge on the ar10. Not good

#2, the Pin extends out approx. 0.0025 further on the ar10. Not good.

#3, the bevel on the Pin appears much less on the ar10. Not good.

AR10 Pin Picture
20220123_133418.jpg

AR15 Pin Picture
20220123_133430.jpg

#4, the dust cover when closed appears to be a nicer, though ever so slightly, closer fit on the ar10. Again not helping the problem.

#5, the grooved cutout appears slightly smaller on the ar10.

I would say all 5 observations contribute to the dust cover not closing though #3 is probably the biggest cause.

On my SA Victor .308 the barrel has to come off to change the dust cover, there is no hole on the rear to slide the dust cover shaft out.

Oh well, it would have been nice if it were a quick fix but it's not. I'm still not real worried about, maybe one day it will get fixed. The only positive note is my ar10 dust cover doesn't have a C-clip holding it into place for me to loose 🤣🤣🤣

Back