testtest

Saint Victor Jammed

Flyboy514

Operator
Took my Saint Victor to the range to sight it in. The Bolt is now jammed after 9 rounds. I believe the casing of my last shot never ejected.
I'm unable to cock the bolt or break down the rifle. Suggestions? Taking back to the shop where I purchased it, today.
Also, I had a hard time getting the Mag to seat in the Mag Well. Very DISAPPOINTED with this BRAND NEW rifle...

What ammo? I got to admit I bought a Saint Pistol .308 back when ammo was really hard to get so caved and bought steel Russian ammo... big mistake and lesson learned, same thing happened to me I couldn't get the casing out, neither could my armor, had to send it to Springfield, got it back 3 weeks later with a note... "Don't use cheap Russian ammo please". Never again. Lesson learned. ;)

Took my Saint Victor to the range to sight it in. The Bolt is now jammed after 9 rounds. I believe the casing of my last shot never ejected.
I'm unable to cock the bolt or break down the rifle. Suggestions? Taking back to the shop where I purchased it, today.
Also, I had a hard time getting the Mag to seat in the Mag Well. Very DISAPPOINTED with this BRAND NEW rifle...
You have two choices.
Mortar the rifle by banging the butt stock sharply down onto a table or ground while at the same time pulling down on the charging handle or send it to Springfield which is what they will do to clear the jam.
If the rifle is new run it wet and don’t use inexpensive ammunition.

Live round or spent round in the chamber?
Sounds like spent round.
If so, I’d try to “mortar” the rifle as suggested by another member

PMC is not the best ammo out there, trust me, I have used it before with no issues, and other times squib loads and issues.
And I remember a while back I was shooting the PMC .38 special 130gr fmc ammo, I had a hard time getting the cases to eject from my revolver, when I got them out, everyone of them had split cases, now mind you, this was new ammo. I took the ammo back to the shop, the owner who I knew for years, shot some of it in his gun, same thing, he took it back and checked the lot number and he sent mine back and all he had on shelf.

And I remember a while back I was shooting the PMC .38 special 130gr fmc ammo, I had a hard time getting the cases to eject from my revolver, when I got them out, everyone of them had split cases, now mind you, this was new ammo. I took the ammo back to the shop, the owner who I knew for years, shot some of it in his gun, same thing, he took it back and checked the lot number and he sent mine back and all he had on shelf.
I've had split necks on remington and speer also.

Personally I've bought thousands of the PMC bronze .308 fmjbt ammo never one issue. I've also fired multiple thousands of steel cased .223 + .308 from Wolf both fmj and hp once again I've evidently been extremely lucky with never a problem. It's not the most accurate ammo but I didn't buy it for its "extreme" accuracy, I bought it because it was cheap fodder to feed the beasts.

Personally I've bought thousands of the PMC bronze .308 fmjbt ammo never one issue. I've also fired multiple thousands of steel cased .223 + .308 from Wolf both fmj and hp once again I've evidently been extremely lucky with never a problem. It's not the most accurate ammo but I didn't buy it for its "extreme" accuracy, I bought it because it was cheap fodder to feed the beasts.
I've never used PMC brand myself but I have run hundreds of rounds of steel cased 5.56 & .308 Tula brand without issues through my AR's. I really haven't had any consistent issues with any brand of center-fire ammo I've ever used.

The TulAmmo brand of steel cased .308 has run especially well with predictable accuracy.

I was just using Tula steel cased .308 this past weekend with these two rifles.
20220731_173659~2.jpg

Last edited:
I put a cleaning rod down the barrel and where it stopped led me to believe it was still a live round in the chamber. Since I'm a 'fraidy cat, I took it back to the shop and they got it out. The casing was coated with carbon dust and it looks like the dimple is the same as those I found on the spent ones.
Once I clean it and lubricate it well, I'll take it to the range and run the heck out of it (as long as it lets me!).
THANKS TO ALL!!!

I put a cleaning rod down the barrel and where it stopped led me to believe it was still a live round in the chamber. Since I'm a 'fraidy cat, I took it back to the shop and they got it out. The casing was coated with carbon dust and it looks like the dimple is the same as those I found on the spent ones.
Once I clean it and lubricate it well, I'll take it to the range and run the heck out of it (as long as it lets me!).
THANKS TO ALL!!!
I’m glad you got it straightened out, remember run it wet it will help.

I went to my fav range a while back and ran my new Saint for a bit. Ran it wet as I’ve seen noted here. Probably wasteful on the oil but I didn’t care. I get done and my face and arms are heavily dotted with oil and carb. RSO buddy walks up and is like “oh, AR break-in visit huh”. Im like, I didn’t bring a whole bottle of Fast Orange for nothing 😂😂

I went to my fav range a while back and ran my new Saint for a bit. Ran it wet as I’ve seen noted here. Probably wasteful on the oil but I didn’t care. I get done and my face and arms are heavily dotted with oil and carb. RSO buddy walks up and is like “oh, AR break-in visit huh”. Im like, I didn’t bring a whole bottle of Fast Orange for nothing 😂😂
I bet it ran fantastic though.

Back