testtest

Saw this on Shooting Illustrated...

Thanks now I have an idea when they are coming out. Can't wait, want the PDW. Do you think it would be better in a different caliber like 300 Black Out. For home protection

Hard for me to buy a 300 blackout for home protection when I already own a 5.56 is all I am saying.

I love my PSA 300 BO and just today the 5.56 upper for it came in.
Things to keep in mind..... when you fire a round you are responsible for it until it stops.
5.56 NATO is nothing to sneeze at. It can go through the intruder and a half dozen of the
neighbors homes or couple vehicles before stopping. A nice slow/heavy 308 coming out of
my 300 BO will most likely stay within the bounds of my property.
My 300 has a 7.5" barrel and the new 5.56 NATO has a 7".
I'm looking at adding a fore grip and removing the brace. Even with a suppressor here at the
house it should be easy enough to maneuver around from room to room.
Now if you want fast. Get some of the Sabots for your 300 BO and shoot .224 bullets at 4000fps!

I love my PSA 300 BO and just today the 5.56 upper for it came in.
Things to keep in mind..... when you fire a round you are responsible for it until it stops.
5.56 NATO is nothing to sneeze at. It can go through the intruder and a half dozen of the
neighbors homes or couple vehicles before stopping. A nice slow/heavy 308 coming out of
my 300 BO will most likely stay within the bounds of my property.
My 300 has a 7.5" barrel and the new 5.56 NATO has a 7".
I'm looking at adding a fore grip and removing the brace. Even with a suppressor here at the
house it should be easy enough to maneuver around from room to room.
Now if you want fast. Get some of the Sabots for your 300 BO and shoot .224 bullets at 4000fps!
Here is a video that dispells any myth that the 5.56 will go through your house and a neighbor's house.

Short but good article about these new AR pistols in regards as to when they are coming available. Not interested in a take down version and can’t imagine shooting a 308 out of something so small when I think about the sound and recoil from my AR10 Savage 308 however I’m excited to get my hands on the PDW in 5.56
I never thought about another AR in a duplicate caliper but that short pistol looks great. Waiting to know more about it and of course the cost. Definitely excited about having a short barreled AR in a caliper that is more accessible and cost less. I will say the last thing on my mind is what the Dems are doing concerning the AR platform, don’t want to spend money on something I won’t be able to shoot.

Hard for me to buy a 300 blackout for home protection when I already own a 5.56 is all I am saying.

Just get an upper!

Huh...........lol
OK, so not sure why everyone is willing to shoot an AR 5.56 pistol for home defense, but not a .308
The 5.56 has a db level reading of 158.9 db and the 762x51 (308) has a db level reading of 159.0 db. Almost exact same db level from both rounds.
Besides, I think the .308 pistol comes with a blast forwarding device. That makes the loud noise throw more forward than to the side like on tradition bird cage flash hiders or brakes. I have attached a chart of db levels of different rounds. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200221-174444.png
    Screenshot_20200221-174444.png
    95.8 KB · Views: 191
OK, so not sure why everyone is willing to shoot an AR 5.56 pistol for home defense, but not a .308
The 5.56 has a db level reading of 158.9 db and the 762x51 (308) has a db level reading of 159.0 db. Almost exact same db level from both rounds.
Besides, I think the .308 pistol comes with a blast forwarding device. That makes the loud noise throw more forward than to the side like on tradition bird cage flash hiders or brakes. I have attached a chart of db levels of different rounds. Hope it helps.
Thanks for the chart, the loudest gun I fired without muffs on was a .45 auto, to be honest, the worst gun to fire without muffs is a .22lr, you don’t think it’s loud, pretty much it really isn’t, but the repetitive shooting causes the damage, I know from experience, I never used muffs for a .22, now my left ear has tinuitis. In a self defense situation, I think adrenaline will take over and you may not notice the noise from shooting inside, just my thoughts.

Back