testtest

Scheels Store - OMG

Yea sir.. they have an Indoor Ferris Wheel it’s so big.
We were in the one in Billings and they stopped the damn thing while I was at the top. For like 5 minutes. I'm not afraid of heights, I spent decades working off 3 stage 60' extention ladders. I gotta say, I wasn't comfortable and after a few minutes I was yelling down at them to get me the F off it. For the record I'm not a fan of airplanes either. With ladders and scaffolds my life is in my hands. I buy the best and I set it up correctly and tie everything off. If I fall it's because I did something stupid, not because some shitty part failed or some other dumbass screwed up.

My Henry that I bought two weeks ago was out of stock with almost everyone online that I checked. Went to Scheels and they had it in stock and cheaper than everywhere else I looked. My only beef with them is that they can have a limited range of manufacturers when it comes to ammo. They have their own brand - Herters - which there is always a lot of, but some of the other big names can be hit and miss.

My Henry that I bought two weeks ago was out of stock with almost everyone online that I checked. Went to Scheels and they had it in stock and cheaper than everywhere else I looked. My only beef with them is that they can have a limited range of manufacturers when it comes to ammo. They have their own brand - Herters - which there is always a lot of, but some of the other big names can be hit and miss.

Herters is a Bass Pro / Cabelas house brand, not Scheels. But Scheels is definitely cool.

They are breaking ground on one here in Cedar Park soon. Cannot wait.

Damn, I thought Herters was a Cabelas/BassPro private label. I have 3 Cabelas near me and all have tons of Herters. Maybe Scheels is owned by Cabelas/BassPro...Closest Scheels is 2-1/2 hours away and outside my work territory...don't get there much.

Actually Scheels doesn't own Herters and it's not their own brand. Herters went bankrupt in the 80's and Cabela's AKA Bass Pro brought the rights to the name. Herters is now made by Olin Corporation, AKA Winchester.
Great American Outdoors Group actually owns Bass Pro, Cabela's and The Sportsman's Warehouse.

And when I was in there with @KillerFord1977 he wouldn't get off the wheel! It's the most magical place on earth for him :unsure:
1700795738219.gif

Actually Scheels doesn't own Herters and it's not their own brand. Herters went bankrupt in the 80's and Cabela's AKA Bass Pro brought the rights to the name. Herters is now made by Olin Corporation, AKA Winchester.
Great American Outdoors Group actually owns Bass Pro, Cabela's and The Sportsman's Warehouse.
Yeah, I had too much Turkey and was partially hallucinating when I wrote that. My comment still stands. I have been in Scheels on many occasions where I’ve walked back out with no ammo because Blazer and maybe Federal are the only options and none of it is 124gr, which is my preference. When I was in there to pick up my Henry they had no .357 whatsoever. Great gun selection though.

Yeah, I had too much Turkey and was partially hallucinating when I wrote that. My comment still stands. I have been in Scheels on many occasions where I’ve walked back out with no ammo because Blazer and maybe Federal are the only options and none of it is 124gr, which is my preference. When I was in there to pick up my Henry they had no .357 whatsoever. Great gun selection though.
Ammo is the one thing in the firearms section I didn't look at. I always go thru trueshotgunclub.com (a few miles from my house) or SGAmmo. Like you, I'm only buying 124gr 9mm now or 147gr subs.

Back