testtest

Scope Levels

Classified

Professional
Founding Member
Just curious, what levels are being used and how you like them?

Im running an Accuracy 1st with tritium. Lights nicely and the ceramic bearing is very sensitive. The offset works well and if you keep both eyes open (takes a bit of practice) you can keep both sight picture and level in view.

aeefe3f08412f326b893e648866cec18.jpg

Never used levels on my rifles with the exception when I used one to align my scope up on my bench rest rifle when I had it, levels are a good ideal, but I can’t see the use when your out in the field hunting, shooting off a bench yea, maybe it’s just me.

Thanks for that, Classified! I didn't know about the tritium-impregnated ones!

I know that cant comes into play at-distance, but so far, I've yet to be able to truly reach out. All of my AR work has been within the 300, and I have yet to even dip a toe into the precision/distance game.

I know that cant comes into play at-distance, but so far, I've yet to be able to truly reach out. All of my AR work has been within the 300, and I have yet to even dip a toe into the precision/distance game.
Long range is fun. It can be challenging. If you haven’t already, become proficient with MOA or MILS. I like mil reticles. Its nice knowing the formulas to range targets using the reticle if range finders are not present. You can get more precise turret values with moa. Get a chronograph. Get real world numbers YOUR rifle is producing with the loads you want to use. Use them for your dope chart. Ive seen guys try to use the factory load velocities to create dope charts and it just falls apart after 300+ yds.

^ Truth be told, while the words of friends in the community started scratching at that itch for long-distance/precision in the back of my head, I didn't really know much about it at all until I bought Magpul's The Art of the Precision Rifle DVD set.

^ Truth be told, while the words of friends in the community started scratching at that itch for long-distance/precision in the back of my head, I didn't really know much about it at all until I bought Magpul's The Art of the Precision Rifle DVD set.
My love of LR shooting started at 15. My dad and his friend decided to go sight in for dear season. They set their target at 200yd and each took a few shots. One had a 3030 and the other a 223. After they took their shots I asked if I could shoot at the target with my lever action 22. The dismissively said, " yes, I you couldn't hit it anyways.", Big mistake, about 30min and 45 rounds later (3 tube reloads) they decided to check their target. There seemed to be a few extra 22 holes in the target. They never said anything but I knew if I could do that just messing around there had to be more to it.

BTW the Magpul series is well worth the cost. I think the most important thing is to have fun and learn. As soon as one gets to be an 'authority' or persnickety they get brought down to size. I take the same mentality i have when skipping rocks, just enjoy the scenery and the little splash you make.

....I think the most important thing is to have fun and learn. As soon as one gets to be an 'authority' or persnickety they get brought down to size. I take the same mentality i have when skipping rocks, just enjoy the scenery and the little splash you make.

This, +eleventybillion.

I love eating humble-pie. It keeps me grounded! :)

Back