testtest

Scope Magnification: How Much is too Much

No such thing as too much....kidding, good article. I plan on my scope for what I’m using my setup for. Thank for posting, I like reading stuff like this.
D07351C0-16BF-48E6-9E50-DC7A3B61286F.gif
P

Optic selection is a personal choice based on a number of factors but the article was really pretty good. I've seen similar instances occur at the range and in competitions where guys get lost in the scope looking for a target and get very frustrated. One way to mitigate this is to shoot with both eyes open to maintain your situational awareness of what's around you. It will also help you track and locate targets. Another thing that you can do is sight over the top of the of the elevation turret to the target, it won't be perfect but it will put you in close to the target. I shot this Remington Model 7 last year and set it up as a general purpose bolt gun with a Vortex 1-6 Strike Eagle on it. For all intents and purposes I don't think there was much that rifle wouldn't be able to do from 0 to 400 yards with the right ammunition.

C.jpg

P.jpg

This is the second time I’ve read this article and found some great information and learned a lot. I’ve got two high end high magnification Sig Sauer scopes on my full size AR’s and realized quickly that I shoot better and more consistent and better grouping at the lower end of the magnification. “Better field of view”

My hunting scopes are all max 9x...I've found a 2-7x to be about perfect for most applications...although I will admit I’ve got a 6-20x on a .22-250 when I used to go prairie dogging.

I see nothing wrong with a fixed 6x or 10x for a serious work rifle, either...as mentioned above, keeping both eyes open works wonders to track your target at higher magnifications. Prevents eye strain, too...

I shoot long- range and I have a 10x40x56mm 34 mm tube Sightmark scope on one of my .308 rifles, the rest of my long-range rifles have 5x35x56mm 34mm tube Hilux Phennom Scopes which I use on my bolt rifles .223 , 308, 6.5mm ,.300 win

Interesting read. I also recommend a book called Long Range Shooting Handbook by Ryan M. Cleckner. I've learned a lot from it and has improved my marksmanship with scopes.

Optic selection is a personal choice based on a number of factors but the article was really pretty good. I've seen similar instances occur at the range and in competitions where guys get lost in the scope looking for a target and get very frustrated. One way to mitigate this is to shoot with both eyes open to maintain your situational awareness of what's around you. It will also help you track and locate targets. Another thing that you can do is sight over the top of the of the elevation turret to the target, it won't be perfect but it will put you in close to the target. I shot this Remington Model 7 last year and set it up as a general purpose bolt gun with a Vortex 1-6 Strike Eagle on it. For all intents and purposes I don't think there was much that rifle wouldn't be able to do from 0 to 400 yards with the right ammunition.

View attachment 5615
View attachment 5616
I like that little mdl 7 I have been thinking about one for a while it's not as heavy as my model 700 SPS and not as heavy as my 783 custom .

View attachment 5615
View attachment 5616
NICE RIFLE! Me likey, me likey a lot...lol that's sharp.

Back