testtest

SCOTUS - changes

As long as it isn’t the VP……..😲😲
If She's nominated, and the Democrats all vote to confirm, her last official act as President of the Senate, would be to cast the "Yay" vote on her confirmation. There's no longer the Filibusterer on Supreme Court Justice confirmation vote (nor on Federal Justice confirmation votes). Only the Legislator Filibuster remains intact, and just barely with it's recent "Yay" or "Nay" vote.

If She's nominated, and the Democrats all vote to confirm, her last official act as President of the Senate, would be to cast the "Yay" vote on her confirmation. There's no longer the Filibusterer on Supreme Court Justice confirmation vote (nor on Federal Justice confirmation votes). Only the Legislator Filibuster remains intact, and just barely with it's recent "Yay" or "Nay" vote.
Well as long as she is replacing another liberal I don't see where it makes much difference. I'd rather she replaced Kagan or Sotomayor, but....

As far as her possibly replacing another liberal could make a difference in the future when a more moderate liberal would take a more conservative or less liberal stand on some issue.

With Kamala, that's not ever likely to happen since she has been determined time after time to have been the absolute most liberal vote in the senate. As I understand things, it would be hard to find anyone up there who is continuously more liberal.

Ok , hypothetical here:
If Harris gets the Nomination and Supreme Court appointment, does that mean Pelosi becomes VP ??
I’ll have to read up on my Constitutional fundamentals

Ok , hypothetical here:
If Harris gets the Nomination and Supreme Court appointment, does that mean Pelosi becomes VP ??
BA0658E5-E21A-407E-B950-C19D2BA3F16A.jpeg

Ok , hypothetical here:
I would think that Biden would be able to nominate a new VP (which would be a good way for him to clear her out for the 2024 election, if so desired). Much the same way that President Ford nominated/named Nelson Rockefeller as VP, when Ford took over for President Nixon when he resigned. Just my guess, unless Laws have been changed since.

Regardless of K, it's likely an identity-justice person will be nominated regardless of any real legal ability, judicial experience, understanding of the original intent of the Constitution, and public record of court judgements.

Considering Sotomayers' recent ignorant statements, Kagen is/will be the brightest on the liberal side of the SOCTUS with Breyer's ousting and a sock puppet installed in his place.

My .02

Regardless of K, it's likely an identity-justice person will be nominated regardless of any real legal ability, judicial experience, understanding of the original intent of the Constitution, and public record of court judgements.

Considering Sotomayers' recent ignorant statements, Kagen is/will be the brightest on the liberal side of the SOCTUS with Breyer's ousting and a sock puppet installed in his place.

My .02
Hard to disagree with any of this !!!

I would think that Biden would be able to nominate a new VP (which would be a good way for him to clear her out for the 2024 election, if so desired). Much the same way that President Ford nominated/named Nelson Rockefeller as VP, when Ford took over for President Nixon when he resigned. Just my guess, unless Laws have been changed since.
Yes, but if the VP gets approved for the Court whoever Biden nominates to be the new VP has to be approved by the Senate which could end up in a 50/50 vote, and there wouldn't be a VP to break the tie. However, I doubt the Dems would paint themselves into that corner.

Last edited:
Yes, but whoever Biden nominates has to be approved by the Senate which could end up in a 50/50 vote, and there wouldn't be a VP to break the tie. However, I doubt the Dems would paint themselves into that corner.
Well, until she would take the oath being sworn in as a Supreme Court Justice, I think she would still retain the office of VP and President of the Senate. So I may have misspoke to indicate it would be her last official act, and it's possible that breaking a tie for the new VP nominee could be her last act. (I could be wrong on how this works, but it's how I think it would go).
In any case, I agree with @Talyn, that it will be someone other for SCOTUS nominee that President Biden selects, making this conjecture a moot point.

Well, until she would take the oath being sworn in as a Supreme Court Justice, I think she would still retain the office of VP and President of the Senate. So I may have misspoke to indicate it would be her last official act, and it's possible that breaking a tie for the new VP nominee could be her last act. (I could be wrong on how this works, but it's how I think it would go).
In any case, I agree with @Talyn, that it will be someone other for SCOTUS nominee that President Biden selects, making this conjecture a moot point.
I agree that a seat on the Supreme Court is not in the cards in the near future for VP Harris.

Well, this is certainly interesting if it's really true:

Reading a Fox New article with interviews of lawyers concerning the same, indicated that constitutionally the VP could break ties on any measures brought forward (being that no restrictions were ever listed that could prevent the VP from casting a vote). Would it be ethical to do so?, Well that's another issue.
But I agree, it's an interesting potential process that gives one thought on how something like this legally would play out.

Let's not forget that there's a Rhino (cough cough Pierre Delecto) or two (upcoming retirees) that would likely cave to support a nominee.

Last edited:
Back