testtest

SCOTUS On 2nd Amendment

The SCOTUS will have their hands full because here it comes...

If the Senate is lost in the Georgia election, Barrett won't make any difference as they'll pack the SCOTUS with gun-grabbers, as in, immediately.

First; any gun grabbing legislation or EO is going to take years to implement as the logistics of something like that would be a federal nightmare.
Second; anything close to that would or could also be tied up in the Supreme Court that could also take years to decide.
Third; where is the NRA on all this? Are they to busy defending themselves that they don’t have the time to get into this fight, I’m still getting requests for donations...........

The NRA was neutralized by the other side, and due to internal issues, this election cycle.

#1 - The New York lawsuit(s) regarding the NRA Insurance put alot of funds into defending the org, as well has taking the eye off the elections. That lawsuit has been settled but at a cost both in $$, and there's...

#2 - the internal issues of the last couple years with WLP's management that also took the eye off the elections.

IMO, WLP needs to go and the org needs to bring back some of the folks (not Oliver North) that were forced out when the dirty laundry became apparent.

My .02

Last edited:
I agree with you, Talyn. I was fearful that the NRA had been basically neutralized this election cycle, and it seems it has. There was a pretty good push at the fall Meeting of Members by Save the Second to at least begin to change things, but I haven't yet seen much difference. Despite what some say, the NRA is our best hope and we all need to get on board (at least my $0.02 worth).

First; any gun grabbing legislation or EO is going to take years to implement as the logistics of something like that would be a federal nightmare.
Second; anything close to that would or could also be tied up in the Supreme Court that could also take years to decide.
Third; where is the NRA on all this? Are they to busy defending themselves that they don’t have the time to get into this fight, I’m still getting requests for donations...........
Didn’t take them all that long to go after bump stocks.

All Federal Agencies are under the Executive Branch of the Govt. which sets policies for Federal agencies which also implement Federal law.

That being said, those who are appointed to run the agencies do so within the authority of the Executive Branch and the policies of the POTUS.

So an EO can go into effect immediately, via the federal agencies, unless the Legislative Branch and/or Courts over-turn an EO based on the EO not being consistent with the law it's tied to.

Also, the policies of the Executive Branch runs down hill to the agencies so Agency policies can change immediately, unless the above-actions are taken if policies are found to be arbitrary and capricious.

So, immediate effects can be felt, unless someone, and/or the legislature, goes into action and a court ruling is made. Plus, legislation can be vetoed without an overide vote by Congress.

Then there's the gray-zone when it comes to the NFA. Case-in-point the bump stock crossed the line into the NFA world by altering the firing rate of a firearm beyond it's original design intent. Plus, a bump stock is an accessory and not a firearm. The Obama Admin didn't do anything about bump stocks since they likely flew under the radar of the admin. Once Las Vegas happened that changed. No court has enjoined a bump-stock ban since no firearm is being banned.

Last edited:
Some more to the above.

A formal Agency "Rule-making" takes time and public review.

What can happen relatively immediately, are agencies slow-walking the processing of permits, applications, etc., as well as issueing interpretations of existing policies. Also, the Executive Branch can reassign employees to other tasks, thus slowing the original processing tasks down because of lower staffing levels.

Back