testtest

Screw size for XDM OSP top plate?

I installed a Vortex Venom on my XDM Elite OSP 3.8" 10mm to develop some woods carry loads. Achieved an amazing 3/4" group and multiple 1" 5-shot groups at 25 yards.

I went to remove the sight for carry and install the top plate. When tightening the top plate screws, one snapped with very little force.

Decided I would just replace all three and went to my local Ace hardware where they have a great selection of firearms application screws. None would work.

Tried looking for them online and nothing. Looks like they are a 5-44 of unknown length. Anyone know the exact size? Came to the SA page to see if they sold them and found this forum.

I installed a Vortex Venom on my XDM Elite OSP 3.8" 10mm to develop some woods carry loads. Achieved an amazing 3/4" group and multiple 1" 5-shot groups at 25 yards.

I went to remove the sight for carry and install the top plate. When tightening the top plate screws, one snapped with very little force.

Decided I would just replace all three and went to my local Ace hardware where they have a great selection of firearms application screws. None would work.

Tried looking for them online and nothing. Looks like they are a 5-44 of unknown length. Anyone know the exact size? Came to the SA page to see if they sold them and found this forum.
Welcome to the forum from Kentucky.
I put the Holosun on the same gun with the intention of keeping it on the gun.
I use a polymer Blackhawk Serpa when I carry that gun which gives great clearance for the optic and also offers a level of retention.

If you used the screws that originally held on the slide cover plate call Springfield on Monday, they should be able to help you out.

(800) 680-6866

If you used the screws supplied by the optics manufacturer then you will need to contact them.

Back