testtest

Secret Christmas Build for the Significant Other. Am I the only one?

ddeuce22

Professional
Anyone else buy or build their significant other a firearm for Christmas, or is that just me?? lol. She always complains that 16" carbines are too heavy and awkward for her. Built this 10.5" for her hoping it will be lighter and easier to hold, maybe that will get her more interested in shooting rifles.

A few days ago I went to my LGS to pick up the BCM bcg and as I was walking out she said to me "You better not be getting me a gun for Christmas". I almost couldn't contain my laughter. To be quite honest it turned out so nice I almost want to keep it for myself. ;)

PXL_20231215_045056475.jpeg

Anyone else buy or build their significant other a firearm for Christmas, or is that just me?? lol. She always complains that 16" carbines are too heavy and awkward for her. Built this 10.5" for her hoping it will be lighter and easier to hold, maybe that will get her more interested in shooting rifles.

A few days ago I went to my LGS to pick up the BCM bcg and as I was walking out she said to me "You better not be getting me a gun for Christmas". I almost couldn't contain my laughter. To be quite honest it turned out so nice I almost want to keep it for myself. ;)

View attachment 48640
Nice 👍 🕺

Congrats and very nice.
Those Aero S-one handgaurds get hot quick, especially on top gas tube side . You might want to consider some type of rail cover or burn proof type suppressor cover that wraps over the top.
I have 16 inch and really like it.

Was wondering about that myself. I'll let her shoot it and see what complaints she has and then we can address them further. The suppressor would solve one of those issues but will add some weight to it.

Thinking a blast diverter/flash can type of muzzle device may work.

Was wondering about that myself. I'll let her shoot it and see what complaints she has and then we can address them further. The suppressor would solve one of those issues but will add some weight to it.

Thinking a blast diverter/flash can type of muzzle device may work.
I don’t know how well they stack up against competitors. Perhaps Some more experienced folks up here could tell you; but I did get this coupon in email yesterday.
IMG_8658.jpeg

View attachment 48640
I found my 10.5” SBR does well with 77 gr for precision work. Super tight groups. The 55 gr spreads out with the short barrel. 55gr is fine for plinking and such, but for precise tight groups you’ll want higher grain.
77 is expensive so I use 55 90% of the time.
Just an fyi…

Brother, if you are building it for THAT reason, you really built that thing for yourself. :unsure::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

HA! Some would say that (and they could be right :)) but it's truly a last ditch effort to get her into shooting more. If that don't work then i'll give up the pursuit altogether.

At that point, it's just a consolation prize for me. I've gotten worse consolation prizes.

I found my 10.5” SBR does well with 77 gr for precision work. Super tight groups. The 55 gr spreads out with the short barrel. 55gr is fine for plinking and such, but for precise tight groups you’ll want higher grain.
77 is expensive so I use 55 90% of the time.
Just an fyi…

I don't even shoot 77gr for myself, certainly she will not be shooting that!! Unless she's buying her own ammo which is a FAT chance lol.

Back