testtest

Security home systems

javbike

Professional
Any different brands I should be looking . I do not pay a monthly I just want it on my iPhone set up need about 5 to 6 cameras. It it easy to set ? Or should I pay somebody to do it thoughts please . This is definitely on the agenda for 2024

We have been using Vivint for years. Very reliable and good service.
I would opt for service that sends first responders to your home. Sure (ring) is nice but what good does it do you to watch someone break into your home if away.

I have SimplySafe and have had no issues with it. If you don't want to pay for service there is no sense in getting security system. What would be the reason for it. The one time mine has gone off there was somebody trying to break in--alarm company notified police and he was caught.

While still living at our single family home we used "Simply Safe", and I can't give them a higher plug. I'm an admitted non-techy kind of guy and have said I still have a difficult time just spelling 'IBM'. But setting up not only the system but also the account was easy even for the non-tech guys. Their service was an example in simplicity and cost effectiveness. Give them a try.

No commercial/financial interest in the company ... just a very satisfied former customer. jj

Arlo is one of the best wireless systems that I'm aware of for outdoor use. Arlo has really good video resolution and battery life (months before a recharge is needed). You don't need a subscription to use the Arlo cameras but it's not a bad thing to have it for the piece of mind when you don't have cellphone signal to receive an alert.

Simplisafe is an excellent system for indoor use especially with the subscriptionbecause of the cellphone call out the system has built in to notify the authorities if there's an emergency even if there's no WiFi signal. The indoor cameras have good video resolution and the amount of different add-ons for the system you can get for short money like water sensors or smoke detectors. The outdoor wireless cameras have good resolution but crappy battery life and very slow to load.

Any different brands I should be looking . I do not pay a monthly I just want it on my iPhone set up need about 5 to 6 cameras. It it easy to set ? Or should I pay somebody to do it thoughts please . This is definitely on the agenda for 2024
As for brand I have 2, they both eat dog food and wag their tails - an Australian Shepherd and a Welsh Corgi. Best early warning system around and the way they bark and carry on at the door when anyone is in the area or especially in the yard or at the door it will make any unwelcomed guest think twice. They went bananas a couple months ago at around 12PM, I got up and looked and caught a glimpse of someone dart up my driveway. Put the Shepherd (Taz) on a leash and we burst through the door to see some dude in my driveway between my car and motorcycle. With Taz going nuts barking and yanking at the lease I yelled at the guy in a very angry voice, "CAN I HELP YOU!" He said he was lost. I told him yeah, up my driveway you are more than lost, get getting. He couldn't get out of there fast enough. I then called the local PD and let them know, within minutes they had him stopped up the road. Was armed as well but not needed.
Also have a whole system by ring bell, the door bell, door and window alarms, and motion detectors but only thing they have detected so far is very huge moth that was fluttering around in the entry hall.

Back