testtest

SEEKINS PRECISION - 2 THUMBS UP

llamaboy

Operator
Earier ths year, I bought a Havak PH1, in 6.5 PRC, on line. While waiting for the rifle, I bought a scope, dies and an assortment of bullets. So I get it all together, work up some loads, and start going to the range. Some groups weren't too bad, but not as good as I had hoped for. Additionally, each group had a flier. After going thru a couple handred bullets, I got fed up and called Seekins to see if they had encountered this before. Well, they just sent me a shipping label, and said to send it in. I got it back yesterday. It came in their carrying case with a target. They put a new PH2 receiver, with all new parts, on it. They ran a reamer in the chamber, and cleaned that up. Then they put a current model Pro Hunter stock on it, and bedded it.

Now I have a dilemma. I am 4 weeks out of open heart surgery for an aortic annurism, and aortic valve replacement. My initial thought was to let my wife shoot the test loads, as she is quite a good shot. However, the last time I let her shoot my 6.5 was quite a few years ago, and it was a 6.5/06. I never saw the rifle again, except to clean it. Should I trust her this time? She just read this post, and said she would not take the rifle away from me, as she likes her 7/08 Lady Ruger too much.

I had open heart surgery in January to replace my arotic valve. In another 2 weeks I'll be finished with cardiac rehab and ready to do pretty much what I want within reason for a guy in his seventies. If it was me I'd give myself another 4 weeks or so to heal. Besides, it's too early to be lifting stuff outside of the box. Shooting it yourself will be your reward for following doctor's orders!

Last edited:
Earier ths year, I bought a Havak PH1, in 6.5 PRC, on line. While waiting for the rifle, I bought a scope, dies and an assortment of bullets. So I get it all together, work up some loads, and start going to the range. Some groups weren't too bad, but not as good as I had hoped for. Additionally, each group had a flier. After going thru a couple handred bullets, I got fed up and called Seekins to see if they had encountered this before. Well, they just sent me a shipping label, and said to send it in. I got it back yesterday. It came in their carrying case with a target. They put a new PH2 receiver, with all new parts, on it. They ran a reamer in the chamber, and cleaned that up. Then they put a current model Pro Hunter stock on it, and bedded it.

Now I have a dilemma. I am 4 weeks out of open heart surgery for an aortic annurism, and aortic valve replacement. My initial thought was to let my wife shoot the test loads, as she is quite a good shot. However, the last time I let her shoot my 6.5 was quite a few years ago, and it was a 6.5/06. I never saw the rifle again, except to clean it. Should I trust her this time? She just read this post, and said she would not take the rifle away from me, as she likes her 7/08 Lady Ruger too much.
Sounds like you’re going to be buying another rifle.

I had open heart surgery in January to replace my arotic valve. In another 2 weeks I'll be finished with cardiac rehab and ready to do pretty much what I want within reason for a guy in his seventies. If it was me I'd give myself another 4 weeks or so to heal. Besides, it's too early to be lifting stuff outside of the box. Shooting it yourself will be your reward for following doctor's orders!
I have a f/u appointment at the end of the month. Until then, I am restricted to lifting 10#. They were talking about putting me on cardiac and physical rehab at that time. Post-op, the doc thought I would be able to go grouse hunting on 9/1. I'm not sure about that, but it is a nice goal. My big concern now is weight loss. I'm still losing 1#-2# a day. I'm about 30# less than post-op. Muscle atrophy is my concern now.

Back