testtest

Self Defense: Do the 5.7x28, .25acp, .22lr, and the .22wmr Cut It

Do I believe these calibers are ideal? no. Do I believe they will protect you if you train to use them and load them with quality ammo? yes. I would much rather have any of the above calibers than a sharp stick or a rock if push comes to shove. I know some may disagree with my statements but even in the calibers listed I believe accuracy, tactics and mindset will see you through the fight.

Do I believe these calibers are ideal? no. Do I believe they will protect you if you train to use them and load them with quality ammo? yes. I would much rather have any of the above calibers than a sharp stick or a rock if push comes to shove. I know some may disagree with my statements but even in the calibers listed I believe accuracy, tactics and mindset will see you through the fight.

Well...I MIGHT take a sharp stick over .25ACP, depending on how sharp...

Remember the words of Col. Cooper on using the .25acp:

“Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you.”

In all seriousness, I carried a .25 Colt Vest Pocket for quite some time as my “Non-Permissable Environment”/Covert Carry piece for quite some time. It beats harsh language...and I carry a .22LR or a .22Mag fairly often...I’m not concerned.

And a good source in how these loads perform:

I CCW a .22 mag quite often. Do I feel under gunned? Maybe a little. Last I heard though, most people have an aversion to getting shot regardless of what caliber it is.

Back