testtest

Selling to the BIL

OkiePewPew

Staff member
Hey guys!

Just an Admin reminder before we get going. There are no sales on the forums and no cutsie wink nod dm's either.

I have a Hellcat and a Hellcat RDP. My BIL was looking for a carry gun and has shot my OSP multiple times. He asked if I would sell since I have two. My question is, what would you value a clean Hellcat OSP black with 3k rounds. Will include OLight Baldr Mini light and holster. Looking for actual value AND what You would discount that price for family (that you like ;)).
My Hellcat is pictured below.
IMG_0141.JPG

Hey guys!

Just an Admin reminder before we get going. There are no sales on the forums and no cutsie wink nod dm's either.

I have a Hellcat and a Hellcat RDP. My BIL was looking for a carry gun and has shot my OSP multiple times. He asked if I would sell since I have two. My question is, what would you value a clean Hellcat OSP black with 3k rounds. Will include OLight Baldr Mini light and holster. Looking for actual value AND what You would discount that price for family (that you like ;)).
View attachment 37116
Not having purchased a HellCat I looked up MSRP on Springfield’s website.

I agree with @HansGruber

$0.50, seriously, I myself would probably price it about a $100.00-$150.00 less then a new one since its in that good a shape.

Last edited:
I purchased a standard Hellcat with only about 600 rounds though it for $300 shipped.

Got a Hellcat OSP with 4 mags that looked brand freaking new for under $400.

If I was to list it, I'd ask for "$500 OBO" because people like to feel like they got a deal. If you ask for $500, they'll ask if you'll take $450. If you ask for $450, they'll ask for $400...

Yes, I'd discount for friends and family because not having to jump through all the extra hoops and trouble that comes with selling to a stranger, and knowing that it's not going to end up in the hands of a criminal would make my life easier. $400-$425 for family.

Resale on most Springfield handguns are low unfortunately in comparison to the retail price which is why I only buy them used.

Last edited:
Hey guys!

View attachment 37116
well, the large LGS i do business with, offers a person "up to" 65% of the current retail pricing...not what we paid for the gun originally, which can be good, as they discount many of thier stock, unless it is a very popular gun, then they sell THAT at full retail.

since the prices fluctuate this is either a good thing, or a bad thing....YMMV

No info on the pistol but I have a question. Are you saying we can't DM a member and set up an off site transaction ? Because that's ridiculous. Also unenforceable.
The rule is: "No sales or transactions allowed on the site, firearms or otherwise."

I would logically assume being that all talks about the "sales transaction" happens off site, that it would be allowed. Either way, there's nothing they could do and no way they could enforce the rule if that wasn't the case.

It's sad because if I sell online, I prefer to sell to long time forum members who you can read their prior post, you have a good sense about who they are as a person, and you can rest assure that your baby is going to a good home.

Every other of the dozens of firearm forums that I know of have a sales section, and I am pretty sure that the ArmoryLife forum isn't the only forum that all members here apart of. I'd simply ask a member what other firearm forums they are members of, and then PM them there to set up the sale.

The rule is: "No sales or transactions allowed on the site, firearms or otherwise."

I would logically assume being that all talks about the "sales transaction" happens off site, that it would be allowed. Either way, there's nothing they could do and no way they could enforce the rule if that wasn't the case.

It's sad because if I sell online, I prefer to sell to long time forum members who you can read their prior post, you have a good sense about who they are as a person, and you can rest assure that your baby is going to a good home.

Every other of the dozens of firearm forums that I know of have a sales section, and I am pretty sure that the ArmoryLife forum isn't the only forum that all members here apart of. I'd simply ask a member what other firearm forums they are members of, and then PM them there to set up the sale.
There is no way for anybody to read or get into any PM’s.

PM means private message. If someone else is looking at them, it is the opposite of private. I have owned and ran internet forums before. phpBB and as far as I know there is no option for admins to look at private messages. Granted, I never looked to see if there was a way, which I almost guarantee there is, but....

PM means private message. If someone else is looking at them, it is the opposite of private. I have owned and ran internet forums before. phpBB and as far as I know there is no option for admins to look at private messages. Granted, I never looked to see if there was a way, which I almost guarantee there is, but....
Yep, can’t get into them, ran several PC game servers with forums, no way for others to read them just the ones who they are for

Yep, can’t get into them, ran several PC game servers with forums, no way for others to read them just the ones who they are for
Anyone with access to the MySQL database (the most common database for PHP programs), or to the server to install a simple add-ons to Xenforo can have access to PMs. Whether the Administrator has gone through the trouble, IDK. I think* that there are existing Xenforo add-ons that will flag keywords in PMs, but I have no 1st hand knowledge on whether that's true or not or how that works if the add-ons does exist.

I guarantee someone can get into them. I never looked into it on my forum(s), but I am sure it can be done. Not that I think they would do it here. At least to a current member. If word like that got out this place would empty faster than Lake Mead.

Administrators can read PM's, there is a couple ways to do it. they can sign on as you and read yours, Moderators usually do not have access to the administration panel so they can't do it.

But if you look there are only two administrators here and i don't see them posting much so i very seriously doubt they are reading anyone's PM's.

Most people who own these sites have the mods to deal with everyday stuff like spammers and keeping some of us in line. Administration does set the rules how they want the site to be run and convey it to the mods to enforce. The only reason Administration would read PM's is if there was a big problem with a member, maybe one that could get the site shut down for illegal things.

The active mods here seem like really nice guys, Don't think we have a reason to worry about someone reading our private messages.

i "see" no reason to at least share an email with someone, regarding a sale.

if the site has rules against making a thread for sales, we respect that rule.

i think that from what i have seen from another site i go to, scams are everywhere, as well as someone using a former posted gun with pics for sale, and setting up a user account very much like a member, that is yet, another scam.

Back