testtest

Semi-Auto M60: The Ever-Elusive Springfield Armory SA1

OK, TIME TO LOG BACK IN AND REPLY TO SEVERAL AMERICAN HEROS. I CAN GO AND THANK EACH OF YOU INDIVIDUALLY WHICH I WILL PROBABLY DO VERY SOON BUT FOR NOW I WANT TO THANK EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU WHO SERVED AND HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO MAN ONE OF THESE INCREDIBLE FIREARMS. I THANK YOU EACH FOR YOUR SACRIFICE AND MOSTLY FOR COMING HOME ALIVE. WE NEED ALL THE HEROS WE CAN GET RIGHT NOW, RIGHT HERE AT HOME.

Had fun with the M-60 at Ft. Jackson, SC. US ARMY basic training. There's a place over near Orlando called "Machine Gun USA" billboards call it a day of family fun. I hope to get over there one day.
Congrats that is where I started. Do you know if "Machine Gun USA" has an M2?

Congrats that is where I started. Do you know if "Machine Gun USA" has an M2?
Ft. Jackson in 1978, the old wood barracks. I went back there some time back and all that was gone, only the sidewalks and that pit we used to sit around getting schooled.

I don't know what they have over there in O Town, I think there's a web site.

I own one of Mr. Reese's Rock Island Armory M60s and they certainly are awesome guns.
firing M60.jpg

Ammo is not the main problem. Finding replacement parts is. There may still be one company making M60s for foreign governments, but I don't think anyone is producing parts for sale commercially. Most of the parts you see for sale today are left over from the days when Mr. Reese was buying them up. Decent barrels, op-rods, and bolt assemblies are scarce as hen's teeth. It may be called the Pig, but you have to treat it like it's a lamb if you want it to keep working.

Ammo is not the main problem. Finding replacement parts is. There may still be one company making M60s for foreign governments, but I don't think anyone is producing parts for sale commercially. Most of the parts you see for sale today are left over from the days when Mr. Reese was buying them up. Decent barrels, op-rods, and bolt assemblies are scarce as hen's teeth. It may be called the Pig, but you have to treat it like it's a lamb if you want it to keep working.
Ohio Ordinance is making semi auto M60s.

Ohio Ordinance is making semi auto M60s.
I know that at one time they did, but there is nothing listed for M60s on its current website. It appears that they are focusing on the M240 and Browning 1918 semi-autos. U.S. Ordnance in McCarran, NV, may still be building the M60E6 for military sales and converting older M60s to this upgrade as its website indicates. At one time they did repairs, but I'm not sure that's still the case. Aaron Demko at BeltFeds.com has the best inventory of parts that I have been able to find. He's in Mohnton, Pa, and does M60 repairs and rebuilds. At this time, I would really hesitate to ship an M60 for repair with the issues shippers are having today.

I know that at one time they did, but there is nothing listed for M60s on its current website. It appears that they are focusing on the M240 and Browning 1918 semi-autos. U.S. Ordnance in McCarran, NV, may still be building the M60E6 for military sales and converting older M60s to this upgrade as its website indicates. At one time they did repairs, but I'm not sure that's still the case. Aaron Demko at BeltFeds.com has the best inventory of parts that I have been able to find. He's in Mohnton, Pa, and does M60 repairs and rebuilds. At this time, I would really hesitate to ship an M60 for repair with the issues shippers are having today.

If that's the case, their old stock are all over gun deals and gunbroker, you just have to be willing to drop 14k.

Back