testtest

Shield RMSd Red Dot Sight Review

“Not only did this create an additional step for a battery swap, but in most cases the reflex optic would need to be re-sighted in when reinstalled”

This is what is better know as a first world problem. I like a top loading optic but having to take the optic off, replace the battery and zero it can be done in a matter of seconds. I keep the gear I need - including spare 1632/2032 batteries - in a small tool pouch I carry in my range bag. And 9 times out of 10 the dot doesn’t need zeroing because it goes right back in place, but so what? Zeroing a dot is fun. Heck most times I don’t even use Loctite, so there’s not even any waiting for 24 hrs for the Loctite to cure.

The bigger problem that Shield needs to work on is that in general their sights are considered to be out of date and inferior to many other optics that use the Shield footprint.

“Not only did this create an additional step for a battery swap, but in most cases the reflex optic would need to be re-sighted in when reinstalled”

This is what is better know as a first world problem. I like a top loading optic but having to take the optic off, replace the battery and zero it can be done in a matter of seconds. I keep the gear I need - including spare 1632/2032 batteries - in a small tool pouch I carry in my range bag. And 9 times out of 10 the dot doesn’t need zeroing because it goes right back in place, but so what? Zeroing a dot is fun. Heck most times I don’t even use Loctite, so there’s not even any waiting for 24 hrs for the Loctite to cure.

The bigger problem that Shield needs to work on is that in general their sights are considered to be out of date and inferior to many other optics that use the Shield footprint.
Wha??? No Loktite ? :ROFLMAO:

I roll with the CT RAD Micro Pro. The Shield does seem out dated and behind the times. Holosun micros seem bulky and require plates which make them sit even higher. Then often also eliminate iron use for backup. It's the best option, IMHO, for the RMSc footprint without having to use a plate.

1707371543388.png

1707371562351.png

1707371581856.png
1707371598854.png

Back