testtest

Shipping costs

youngolddude

Professional
I almost bought two magazines online the other day for about $32, then I checked the shipping and it was $18. Entire guns can be shipped for $20 or so (or free) and they want $18? The only other work around I've noticed is you purchase a threshold of maybe $100 and then they would ship free. Another site I visited had shipping for $5 on magazine springs, so I did do that. This shipping thing is getting to me.

I almost bought two magazines online the other day for about $32, then I checked the shipping and it was $18. Entire guns can be shipped for $20 or so (or free) and they want $18? The only other work around I've noticed is you purchase a threshold of maybe $100 and then they would ship free. Another site I visited had shipping for $5 on magazine springs, so I did do that. This shipping thing is getting to me.
this is why it kills me to buy 1 small item, like about a $10 item, and then have to pay like $15.00 for shipping...

price hikes by all the shippers, (to compensate for those huge union wages THANK YOU UPS) is killing everyone.

so for me, i try to meet or go over that threshold for free shipping.

but there are times, i only need 1 stinking thing, and have no other choice, but to pay, extortion demands.

amazon is great at it. buy an item for $20 and shipping is $10. then they hit you up with "$15 more in purchased items and shipping is free." so you rationalize that for another $15 i save on shipping and get another item (that you probably don't really need). gets me every time. i'm a sucker. :ROFLMAO:

That "free shipping" frequently being offered might take weeks to get to you. The wait is frustrating.

On a recent online order of mine, it took almost two weeks to receive. Adding insult to injury, in AZ we pay tax for online orders. I would gladly pay more and support a local business if it had the item in stock.

amazon is great at it. buy an item for $20 and shipping is $10. then they hit you up with "$15 more in purchased items and shipping is free." so you rationalize that for another $15 i save on shipping and get another item (that you probably don't really need). gets me every time. i'm a sucker. :ROFLMAO:
with the amount of purchases the wife and i make on amazon, we went with the Prime membership, and get free shipping and "some" free Prime tv shows/movies

works out, the membership fee pays off, when we see how much shipping would have been.

That "free shipping" frequently being offered might take weeks to get to you. The wait is frustrating.

On a recent online order of mine, it took almost two weeks to receive. Adding insult to injury, in AZ we pay tax for online orders. I would gladly pay more and support a local business if it had the item in stock.
well i dunno, i had to order something small, from Forster, and it has been in Elk Grove, IL, pretty much "down the road" from Forster, for like 3 days now....and THAT shipping charge is just under the cost of the product.

Valid concern...I'm ordering more online now that I'm single and don't have time to get stuff in-person. I consider the cost of my time to go get something on the few hours/week I have free when making the call whether to order with shipping costs. If you're ordering mags, likely that the e-tailer will have ammo...easy to get to $100 IMO. Or...who needs only 2 mags for a firearm? Get 5 or 6 and get free shipping! Gotta have at least 5 or 6 anyway. I'm afraid to admit how many AR or AK mags I have....way over 6 for each...

It all depends on what you are ordering. When looking for sales it's necessary to keep shipping prices in mind. When I order from places who charge shipping fees I make big orders. I generally pay reasonable shipping rates or free shipping on ammo. And when I order parts I always make the order big enough to justify the shipping. I have never once paid shipping charges on a firearm.

The sad part is that many high volume shippers make shipping a profit center. I had a FedEx account tied to franchiser who did massive amounts of shipping. The shipping rates are dirt cheap for the high volume guys. I could ship 20 lbs for less than $10 ground. Some companies will charge you rack rates for occasional shippers then pocket the rest.

Bidenomics.

The cost to ship items is out of control, it's more than double what it was 2 or 3 years ago and new size & weight restrictions make it even more expensive. The chassis stocks I supply mail out in 22" boxes, well all of sudden any box over 20" will cost more to mail.

One way I've found to save on shipping is by checking if there's a minimum purchase amount for free shipping. Sometimes, if you spend a certain amount, they'll ship your order for free. It's a nice trick if you're planning to buy more stuff or can wait to fill up your cart.
problem with me is that many times, i only want 1 item, and sometimes it's on sale....i only on rare occasions fill up the cart, with no more than 3 items, and then too, it's many times under the free shipping requirement.

"Free shipping" is usually by ground and slower than molasses in winter. I'd rather have a choice as to who the carrier will be. But anymore the uspo, fedex and ups are equally terrible. It seems the cheaper something ships, the more time it's in the system and more opportunities for the item to get lost or stolen.

"Free shipping" is usually by ground and slower than molasses in winter. I'd rather have a choice as to who the carrier will be. But anymore the uspo, fedex and ups are equally terrible. It seems the cheaper something ships, the more time it's in the system and more opportunities for the item to get lost or stolen.
yes, i get my meds from 2 different mail order places...one is "relatively" quick..the other..??

well let me just say that 1 month before i run out? i have to order the stuff...what gets me, is that particular one, comes from MO, by way of TX, TN, AR, to NJ, then NY, to CT.......like WTF......

by the time it gets to me..??

i have less than 5 days left in the bottle.......

this all has to do with costs, and my med plan......so i am stuck.

There are plenty of lowball shipping scams in ammunition. Ammoseek helps you filter them out. The places I buy from usually offer free shipping and it seems normal. But certainly, we all ought to be shopping on total cost, not just item cost.

Back