testtest

Shooting the Mighty M60

have played with the M60E version, and man it is a blast. but my all time favorite was and MG42 that had been converted to fire 308 belts. absolutely stunning piece of equipment.

I used the 60 in the early to mid 80s often using the T&E tripod from static positions. Then in the late 80s we were issued the M60E3. a little lighter and supposedly better version. I think the best thing they did was adding the pistol grip.

The Squeels still use them ( E3?) in that configuration. I like the 240 as well, but the 60 Echo does have some magic to it. Excellent medium machine gun.

Yes please !! I’ll take one
I LOVED the Pig. I could talk for hours about how a Good Gunner could fire small effective bursts; suppressive fire, or just all the times it saved me and my buddies bacon. As far as carrying extra weight...you mean like extra 60s belts; 60mm rounds; frags; smoke; LAAWS, our packs and such? We are Grunts! That was Our Job...and we Always complained. And We Kicked Butt.....most of the time. The NVA were a worthy adversary.

Has this site ever covered the Stoner MG? A guy I met through work became a national expert on buy/sell questions for the Stoner. Also, he had a video made that covered the history of the Stoner.

My apologies.

I should have asked what totally incompetent [person] "loaded" the M60 we see starting at 1:10 in the video, and what equally incompetent [person] let the repeated views of that nonsense appear in the video.

Hey, GunSpot here. The belt was loaded that way for aesthetic so more of the brass showed than the belt. If you notice specifically the shot at 1:10 was to talk about the round itself. Nice catch.

To answer your question though, the same idiot who made the whole video, and loaded every belt that you saw firing.

Back