testtest

Shootout: We Pit Four Hi-Power Models Against Each Other

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member

Richard Mann conducts a shootout with four Hi-Powers—Novak's Custom FN Lightweight, Robar/Nighthawk Custom Browning, Springfield Armory SA-35 and EAA Girsan MC P35. Find out how they do so you can pick your legend.

We Pit Four Hi-Power Models Against Each Other

474078_shootout-four-hi-power-models-hero_hero_1200x800.jpg

Interesting article. Thanks for posting it. (y)
The Hi-Power is my all time favorite 9mm pistol. I currently own 5 variations of it. A Browning MK III, A Springfield SA-35, A FEG PKJ-9HP, a FM Argentine Detective and a Girsan MC P35 PI.

My own opinions:
Browning MK III: what can you say? The classic Hi-Power. You'll never go wrong buying one.
Springfield SA-35: Outstanding pistol that comes from the factory with the most common upgrades already in it. I think this is the best buy on the market today.
FEG PKJ-9HP: A good, solid clone. Nothing fancy, but it just plain works.
FM Detective: A 1" shorter Commander style pistol. A top quality pistol in an easier to carry package.
Girsan MC P35 PI: another short version. A well made gun. Nothing fancy with a plain, utilitarian finish. Its only real fault is that the trigger is absolutely horrible! I had to remove the mag disconnect and do some polishing in this gun. The trigger is now smooth, but still a bit heavy. I can live with it. This one is now in my carry rotation. ;)

Interesting article. Thanks for posting it. (y)
The Hi-Power is my all time favorite 9mm pistol. I currently own 5 variations of it. A Browning MK III, A Springfield SA-35, A FEG PKJ-9HP, a FM Argentine Detective and a Girsan MC P35 PI.

My own opinions:
Browning MK III: what can you say? The classic Hi-Power. You'll never go wrong buying one.
Springfield SA-35: Outstanding pistol that comes from the factory with the most common upgrades already in it. I think this is the best buy on the market today.
FEG PKJ-9HP: A good, solid clone. Nothing fancy, but it just plain works.
FM Detective: A 1" shorter Commander style pistol. A top quality pistol in an easier to carry package.
Girsan MC P35 PI: another short version. A well made gun. Nothing fancy with a plain, utilitarian finish. Its only real fault is that the trigger is absolutely horrible! I had to remove the mag disconnect and do some polishing in this gun. The trigger is now smooth, but still a bit heavy. I can live with it. This one is now in my carry rotation. ;)
Sigh.

I remember when you could buy one of those Detective slide conversions for around $350…and I didn’t jump on it.

Back