testtest

Short-Mid Range .30 Glass…

So…

Got my hands on what I’m calling an “Immediate Interdiction Rifle”.

It’s a mid-caliber (6-8mm) semi-auto. Realistic engagement distances 50-440 yards.

Glass recommendations?

Consider prices to be….well, it’s an object, but I also know good glass is worth what you pay for it.

I’ve got what I like ready to drop; but interested in other views.

Sounds like a nice project. Will be interesting to see what it is and what you go with.

No suggestions, this is about the limit of my glass knowledge. But I am starting to pay attention and learn more, hence the interest.

1096730.jpg

I’m a Trijicon and Zeiss fan myself and regularly hold out for a good sale that always comes along from one retailer or another.
I go with my Vortex 1x6 as my “go to budget” scope on rifles until I find the sale on a good glass. Them the vortex goes back on the shelf for the next rifle I buy.

I’ve found the Trij and Zeiss have some great glass but I hold out for sales/ scratch n dent and pay 1/2 or less. Have to be patient . About $1000 is my top budget

Sounds like a nice project. Will be interesting to see what it is and what you go with.

No suggestions, this is about the limit of my glass knowledge. But I am starting to pay attention and learn more, hence the interest.

View attachment 39929
At one point…I thought that glass didn’t matter.

Then…

I compared a Swarovski Base (Habicht) vs a Leupold Mk4.

There is NO comparison…clarity, granularity, etc…there’s a big difference.

So, hit me. Budget of $2k for glass.

At one point…I thought that glass didn’t matter.

Then…

I compared a Swarovski Base (Habicht) vs a Leupold Mk4.

There is NO comparison…clarity, granularity, etc…there’s a big difference.

So, hit me. Budget of $2k for glass.
Until recently the extent of my glass use was the cheap scope that came on my Marlin .22 I got for Christmas when I was 9, 55 years ago.

The older I get the more I am becoming interested. I bought several Savage rifles 243 and .22 magnum, with the scopes that came on them, obviously they are not the best but it was a place to start. I am also looking at green dot sights for a pistol in the near future.

Hence the interest in reading about projects such as yours.

Until recently the extent of my glass use was the cheap scope that came on my Marlin .22 I got for Christmas when I was 9, 55 years ago.

The older I get the more I am becoming interested. I bought several Savage rifles 243 and .22 magnum, with the scopes that came on them, obviously they are not the best but it was a place to start. I am also looking at green dot sights for a pistol in the near future.

Hence the interest in reading about projects such as yours.
I totally agree. I've wanted to get a bolt action in 6.5 Creedmoor and mount a nice scope on it.
I almost put a Henry Lever Action in 6.5 Creedmoor on layaway at a local pawn shop. When I went back to look at it again, it had been sold.
I owned a few sporterized Swedish Mausers in 6.5 x 55 with Leopold scopes. They were low recoiling and very accurate. It would be nice to have a modern rifle with a nice scope...:)
I'm also interested to read what others write on this topic...:)

So…

Got my hands on what I’m calling an “Immediate Interdiction Rifle”.

It’s a mid-caliber (6-8mm) semi-auto. Realistic engagement distances 50-440 yards.

Glass recommendations?

Consider prices to be….well, it’s an object, but I also know good glass is worth what you pay for it.

I’ve got what I like ready to drop; but interested in other views.
Whats the update on your selection ?

I see the term interdiction thrown around and I thought I would post the military definition it was derived from for those that do not know what this term means.

Unless someone plans on going into a combat zone or are the cosplaying militant types this term typically doesn't apply to civilian life.
Not sure I agree entirely, 10mm. Interdictions can most certainly be performed by a static defender against hostile forces.

My first scope was a Tasco. I had it on a Marlin lever action 30-30. That was 35yrs ago still have the scope and it still works, been through hell and back. It now rides in its box in the safe, retired.
Obviously I've moved on the better scopes but it served its purpose.

Back