testtest

Shot guns

My boom stick is in the bedroom safe.

BOOMSTICK.jpg

Actually mine is a twelve-gauge pump, Maverick 88. Shop smart. Shop gun.deals.

Always have mine as a bed side gun how about you ?

Have a 12ga in bedroom, one downstairs and one in garage. Also, black pistols all over on magnets. Only issue is finding a good wall mount for shotguns. Still looking. I use 1 M4 and 2 Beretta Ultima A300. Would like 3 - M'4s, but by the time you fit them out for combat use they cost a fortune and even not combat outfitted 3 cost a lot. Pretty happy with the A300's for the price they sell for. If you can't afford either, check out the Turkish M4 clones.

Home invasion is a big worry to me. I retired a dozen of my revolvers back in Summer of Love 2020. I've had a SW Airweight snub on a magnet in the bathroom. After 12 years there, it has sunken in that it is useless in a home invasion in the world we now live in. This isn't the 1960's when 1 person would break in. Criminals are pack hunters now. So, a few months ago I replaced the snub with a Glock 17. (I still use a SW Airweight snub in the sauna, in my robe pocket. But that is the last snub I'm using.)

The problem with replacing the rust resistant snub with a Glock in the bathroom is; the Glock picks up tremendous water condensation and I don't think it will hold up like the SW snub for rust resistance. In my little bathroom, the Glock is about 6 inches away from the shower and everything gets steamed up since it is such a small room. The only smaller bathroom I've been in is a 'wet bathroom' in a truck camper or a bathroom at a hotel in Catalina in the 70's. (If you don't know what a wet bathroom is...Google 'wet bathroom truck camper.')

But...I figured out a little mod to cut the Glock condensation pretty much out. I cover the Glock with a hand towel while showering. The towel gets rid of condensation 100% from what I can see. And I tested it in a long, relaxing 25-minute shower. And even if condensation is only cut by 90%, the Glock should be able to handle that with the coating they use. I leave the towel on it all the time. Not a big deal grabbing it in an emergency and throwing the small towel off.

Well, if and when I ever hit the lotto I will buy a bigger bathroom and a few Glocks in it and a marine 12ga shotgun. I try to keep G17s or G19's only a few feet away from me at all times. Everything is on magnets, except shotguns. Pat McNamara does not go for that, but that is how I do it.

BTW...the Catalina bathroom was so small, if you sat down to take a crap...your feet were in the shower!

Back