testtest

Shotgun

Should springfield armory make shotguns

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
iu

It's not really problematic, just tight to open/close. And if I recall, when he was trying to break it down, he pulled the trigger(s). At which point it would not break down. There is something different about breaking them down than a normal break action shotgun.
I listened to a couple CAS guys talking about it and it seems they break down normally but if you pull the trigger like you mention there is a reset procedure you have to perform. I did not hear what that is, but you are right there is something there. Not being very familiar with internal hammer doubles I have no clue if it's different than others.

I've never seen a break-open shotgun that requires some sort of interface between the trigger being pulled to open the action.

None of my doubles (all O/Us) nor break-open singles require the trigger being pulled to break down, nor relatives side-by-sides.

Remove the forearm with what-ever mechanism holds it on (a leaver or button) & then remove the barrel off the pivot point.

Easy peasy

Last edited:
I've never seen a break-open shotgun that requires some sort of interface between the trigger being pulled to open the action.

None of my doubles (all O/Us) nor break-open singles require the trigger being pulled to break down, nor relatives side-by-sides.

Remove the forearm with what-ever mechanism holds it on (a leaver or button) & then remove the barrel off the pivot point.

Easy peasy
That's wht I heard, they work normally but, if you pull the trigger when its apart there is some rest but that may be normal, not that familiar with internal hammer doubles.

That's wht I heard, they work normally but, if you pull the trigger when its apart there is some rest but that may be normal, not that familiar with internal hammer doubles.
No, this coach gun definitely doesn’t just pivot off the pin after removing the forestock and breaking it open. I don’t recall now what the deal was, but I own a stupid number of break action shotguns ( Stevens, Savage, Fox, etc. ) and this one is not like any of those.

The internal Hammers are cocked when the cocking limb(s) are leveraged back when the shotgun is opened, so if someone pulls the trigger(s) when the barrel is removed they've really screwed up.

The leveraging forces the limb back against the spring tension which can be substantial.

Cocking limb: The cocking limb resets the chain reaction. When the gun is opened, the cocking limb is forced down by the fore-end to the point at which the hammer, main spring, sear and trigger are back in their original "cocked" positions.

1699987953977.png

Back